Should people who pass DAS have some kind of restriction

Boothy

<t>Should people who pass DAS have some kind of restriction for there first year?</t>  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who pass DAS have some kind of restriction for there first year?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe 17 people did vote yes,but I think those 17 people are all learners or restricted.

Like you say it is probably just a jealousy thing.

I have to add though, As you only ride a 33bhp bike then i personally feel you do not have the right or the experience to decide that someone passing there das should not go for a 1000 cc bike. It is the choice of the rider that has passed the direct access and the reason they passed that test.

p.s I also dont think my previous comment made me look silly either.

Boothy how long are going to drag this topic out.

The restriction and the das system are set for there own reasons, Its your shout as to which one you decide to do and what you decide to buy.

Do we need any more limits or restrictions in our life

Not a bad idea, 100BHP would keep them from going higher than a 600cc supersports for a year or so...

Its very yes and no, but statistically the average age of a rider killed last year was 35. I need to see if this is the trend this year as one of the speculative theories was that it was born again riders hopping on machines too big for them and getting themselves killed.

So the restriction would have its merits though some will disagree wholeheartedly due to the restrictions on their freedom.

Not quite sure on Ridges comments as by that logic all restricted people will vote yes and all DAS people will vote no... I wouldnt say its the young ones with a chip on the shoulder.

I personally believe if you impose restrictions it should be to every one, and that includes cars etc. Put everyone in the same boat or not at all.

I personally believe if you impose restrictions it should be to every one, and that includes cars etc. Put everyone in the same boat or not at all.

How would you restrict boats though? Propellor size?

How would you restrict boats though? Propellor size?

I would have thought talking about restrictions to do with driving licenses used on the road and not the sea, what I implied would be clear as water :thumb:

DAS means no restriction = ride what you like when passed. Two mutually exclusive groups. A no from me, because I wanted the freedom to ride what I want and not have the govt dictate what I could ride.

But would you then say its fair to restrict others who are percieved to be a greater risk and inexperienced? I went no in the end too but on this basis:

I want the freedom, I see the restriction as crap. 33BHP is just a glorified 125, having ridden a 250 with that it gave that impression. So I have to ask then why does doing the same test though on a smaller bike qualify kids today to ride something so weak?

Especially when people claim riding a big bike is easier the DAS is then surely the easier of the two tests? :lol:

Idiots who pass and are young will still go out and get any bike they please and not restrict. I've seen it many times and then many get away with it. I dont see them being the main statistic for new riders so why restrict them all?

I've just re-read the title of this thread.....erm....do you mean no-one over 5'3".....or with a waist bigger than 38"........or have their stomach stapled......or a rope around their neck (I think that would be quite restrictive).

See.... I think everyone who's posted here have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.....they seem to think you are talking about whether some who passes their DAS should have their BIKE restricted. No wonder everyone's confused..... :roll: