Gaddafi dead

wannars125

Problem with burying him in a hole in the ground and letting people use his hole as a local convenience is that some of the nutters that support him will turn it into a shrine and fight off anyone trying to use said convenience, it gives them a new focus to fight. That was the reason they gave for dumping Bin Laden at sea PDQ and I could see how it would apply here as well.

I still don't quite buy it. "Caught in the crossfire" yet the rebels managed to get him, drag him round town... didn't any of the loyalists fighting back creating the crossfire object to this? Something doesn't sit right for me

It's bread & circuses, but without the bread.

I have to agree with TC. If you want to be like animals then fine, but then don't pretend to be anything better.

If you actually look at it from another view instead of the moral highground :) we could be seen to actually be saving lives by surgically removing these cancers from society, therefore not been lumped in with these so called animals ( animals are better) who do nothing but eradicate innocent lives ;)

He was shot by celebration gun fire actually

His people had missed him so much since he went to live in a sewer, that they fired there guns in the air in an excited manner and unfortunatly what goes up must come down.... and before they could make him a cup of mint tea, several bullets hit him, despite best efforts to drag him out the way of the lead hail, he died.... tragedy

Why would the News NOT show this, what are the odds !!!

It's bread & circuses, but without the bread.

I have to agree with TC. If you want to be like animals then fine, but then don't pretend to be anything better.

If you actually look at it from another view instead of the moral highground :) we could be seen to actually be saving lives by surgically removing these cancers from society, therefore not been lumped in with these so called animals ( animals are better) who do nothing but eradicate innocent lives ;)

It's precisely the moral highground, though, that offers us the opportunity to be something other than animals.

And it's plainly obvious to anyone who is interested in facts, rather than official spin, that NATO has killed, and facilitated the killing, of many multiples more Lybians since intervening than Gaddafi has done and would have done.

But my opinions, and your opinions, on the war and it's justifications are besides the point. If you accuse someone of being a brutal savage, and then treat them savagely and brutally, without any due process, then you surely cannot deny that you are yourself a brutal savage.

A victim, bitter and vengful, can be forgiven. Thousands of people, completely removed thousands of miles away watching the TV, are just hypocrites.

It's precisely the moral highground, though, that offers us the opportunity to be something other than animals.

Actually we ARE animals just like any other Animal ....No not like any other, we are the most savage animal on the planet,Just look at what we do to the other animals we rule over like chickens and pigs and cattle ect not to mention Fox hunters,badger baiters,and all the other sick "sports" we take as normal behaviour and all the species we wipe out just for the hell of it or greed :roll:

And it's plainly obvious to anyone who is interested in facts, rather than official spin, that NATO has killed, and facilitated the killing, of many multiples more Lybians since intervening than Gaddafi has done and would have done.

Hmm.

Facts?

Interesting.

Facts and yet not part of the official spin?

"Facilitated the killing, of many multiples more Lybians(sic)"?

Hmm.

Than Gadaffi has or would have done?

I call bullshit.

I'm quite interested in facts, particularly verifiable facts, and yet it's not plainly obvious to me, but that could be due to your failure to cite a reference for your "fact".

So where exactly could I verify this "fact" you quote?

Linky please :D

Should we return to topic?

He's dead. So its over.

Are we a brutal savage for killing one in the manner he killed others. Yes and no. Yes because we have killed or allowed him to be killed brutally. No because he did it to innocents and we did it as a proportionate reaction to what he did.

Taking the moral high ground will only allow the evil cancers of society to spread without fear. As if I could have done all that Gadaffi did and then just be captured and put in prison as some people think we should then... Its kind of asking for it as the punishment makes risking it an easy business for evil arses like this!

Thugs, bullies and dictators rely on others taking the moral high ground as it means they are less likely to be stood up to in a way that will make them stop what they are doing. If needs be we should be able to come off the moral high ground and then return there once the necessary has been done.

I'll decline to cite references and offer 'proof' which I care not whether you believe or not. It's not my job to educate.

If you care you'll do your own research and come to your own conclusions. More likely apathy will mean you'll beleive what you're told on the BBC. If you care what your taxes are really being used for you'll spend hours, days, weeks and months to find out - not listening to some random bloke on a forum.

The point, which is more important than other sidetracking topics (for us), is that all the talk about treating an animal like an animal, not taking the moral hightground becqause it makes us weak :roll: , setting aside the rule of law and setting aside due process, is precisely what makes us volunteers to our own indentured servitude, if not slavery. Every pound (and there are lots) spent on killing people in other countries is a stealth tax on the British taxpayer. War is funded in deficit; so thats our un-accounted for pensions

paying for it. And all of that money spent goes to the wealthy elite that steer foreign policy. The taxpayer stumps up for foreign aid to Libya. We sell the tear gas, riot shields and battons that kept Gaddafi in power. The tax payer spends billions destroying the country, and then the taxpayer will spend more to rebuild it. They call it 'stimulating' the economy.

And as this all occurs people care less and less about the rule of law and human rights, not understanding that they are supporting the errosion of their own rights, liberties, and safety of themselves and their children. And it will continue because all this is doing is destabalising the region. This isn't abut the people wanting democracy and kicking out a tyrant. This is tribal. This i sbad people fighting for power - nato sponsored civil war. It's to distract you from the fact that the economy is dead. The financial system as we know it is dead. You get bread in the form of welfare, and circuses in the form of neverending war.

It's comforting to know that there are people out there with such towering intellects that they can use typos to attack aomeone elses opinion. It's obviously easier than saying something useful. I'll have to remember than one in future :thumb:

I'll decline to cite references and offer 'proof' which I care not whether you believe or not. It's not my job to educate.

If you care you'll do your own research and come to your own conclusions. More likely apathy will mean you'll beleive what you're told on the BBC. If you care what your taxes are really being used for you'll spend hours, days, weeks and months to find out - not listening to some random bloke on a forum.

The point, which is more important than other sidetracking topics (for us), is that all the talk about treating an animal like an animal, not taking the moral hightground becqause it makes us weak :roll: , setting aside the rule of law and setting aside due process, is precisely what makes us volunteers to our own indentured servitude, if not slavery. Every pound (and there are lots) spent on killing people in other countries is a stealth tax on the British taxpayer. War is funded in deficit; so thats our un-accounted for pensions

paying for it. And all of that money spent goes to the wealthy elite that steer foreign policy. The taxpayer stumps up for foreign aid to Libya. We sell the tear gas, riot shields and battons that kept Gaddafi in power. The tax payer spends billions destroying the country, and then the taxpayer will spend more to rebuild it. They call it 'stimulating' the economy.

And as this all occurs people care less and less about the rule of law and human rights, not understanding that they are supporting the errosion of their own rights, liberties, and safety of themselves and their children. And it will continue because all this is doing is destabalising the region. This isn't abut the people wanting democracy and kicking out a tyrant. This is tribal. This i sbad people fighting for power - nato sponsored civil war. It's to distract you from the fact that the economy is dead. The financial system as we know it is dead. You get bread in the form of welfare, and circuses in the form of neverending war.

It's comforting to know that there are people out there with such towering intellects that they can use typos to attack aomeone elses opinion. It's obviously easier than saying something useful. I'll have to remember than one in future :thumb:

Sweetcheeks, you have a problem with paranoia if you believe the post you selectively quoted was having a go at your ability to construct a cogent sentence.

But I have spotted two more in the one above - yey, go me! o/

I dont quite understand how we are eroding our own human rights...

We have called for them to be lessened when dealing with illegal immigrants, violent protesters etc, it shouldnt affect any of us here if we are good members of society. And furthermore these human rights we moan about today didnt exist yesterday. They are part of a modern pc gone mad world.

Also I read into this all the time and I fail to find a middle ground between the media version and the "elitists steering foreign policy etc etc" based opinions as my thoughts on the matter are in such a broad spectrum of governments its easy to find anything you look for. I can see both sides of the story and both appear to be voiced with a biased opinion sitting right behind it. Thats human nature and unavoidable but we can at least accept it.

In this matter even the media are saying Gaddafi was killed brutally and there is a call for an inquiry.

A man who will have people killed for no good reason is a savage animal. A man who kills this man because of his killings may have resorted to brutality, but only towards this aggressor. It will have stopped further killings, in ways it is a altruistic act as they saved others from this savagery. We are all animals capable of great evil, to recognise the brutal killing in this way even of Gaddafi separates us from him, who thought he was right in his actions.

There is doing evil things, and being evil.

Hello mate! Long time no see!

I've been a wee bit busy with work and a major Sorting-my-life-out session, so haven't been on here for a while, thought i'd stick my head in and make sure i'm not forgotten lol

Better off without him... don't condone what I've seen but better off dead.

Bit harsh, Rae's only been gone a little while, and he did give good reasons :P

On topic:

Yes there are theories. Overall, i'm sure there always will be a level of things we're not told. So? Why is that intristly bad? One instance in this conflict was the deployment of our sas operatives (might ahve been a different branch, but reported as sas, cos it sounds good in the papers). They were deployed to spot for our air support (that people were in favour off) and give our governemnt intel on the sly that was trustworthy so they could make the right decisions. Why is this a bad thing? where we told? hell we were, would endanger the oepratives, and achieve nowt. But when the papers evenutally got hold of it, uproar! theories on this and that and the otehr.

Yes our economy is in trouble, but thats a seperate issue, why on earth would people assume our governemnt is that organised to stage this (and if they were, believe me, I'm sure they would have fixed those other problems rather than jsut 'distract' the public). All the governemnt is doing is running about trying to put out fires everywhere at once. I very much doubt there is an overall scheme, as it would have far to many variables to be useful.

Glad he's dead, hopefully libyea will be able to set up a succesful muslim democracy, and be a better place to live without him.