Blackberry or Iphone

The Joker

I bought a Blackberry a few months ago and it's really good!

I thought about an iphone but im not too keen on touch screens or the amount of apps and games you can get on them!

I'd spend more time charging it than using it.

So what do users on here have? Apologies to the more vintage of user as you probably don't know what i'm on about ;)

Simple, whatever people say about other phones, it always comes back to comparing it to the iPhone, and why is that? Because its the most popular in my opinion. I used to be one of the people who said I wouldn't follow the crowd and get an iPhone and stuck to its competitors. But I gave in eventually and got the iPhone 4 about a year ago now. And it is the best thing I ever did, is the best gadget I own. I just think Apple have such a massive support network of apps, music, software etc that it is diffcult for competitors to better that. They might be able to beat the spec of it but not the whole round package.

I have an LG Optimus 2X.

Blackberry - More of a budget, good for texting, realiable with charging so good if your away from home alot

Iphone - More stuff to do (free calling app) games ect , More expensive option as if you get on contract wont get as much mins/texts than you do with bb. Gotta take charger around to work/college ect to keep it charged

iPhone! Its the class leader and the one all other phones try to be like. I got mine after having a Nokia N97 and I don't think i'll ever have anything other than an iPhone, its just brilliant.

However.. It would be good if the battery didn't need charging every night. Since I updated to iOS5 it doesn't seem to last as long. And I wish they would make it easier to set music/sounds as ringtones/message tones. It can be done but it's a right faff and it puts me off doing it. Other than that its fan-bloody-tastic!

Both my parents have a Samsung Galaxy S and it just isn't as good. The touch screen seems clunky, the resolution isn't as clear, the screen scrolling is jerky and the marketplace (samsungs version of the appstore) is just confusing.

Blackberry for me, I use it for texting (using bbm as well in this regard, although my contract is unlimited texts some of my mates arnt) and calling mainly, with the odd listen to music. Don't need all the fancy bits and bobs that the iphone has. I'm sure they're nice, but i have a 360 for gaming, and a computer for net (although i do use the blackberry one ocasionally).

Also not really a fan of the touch screen. Battery life is the other winner, If the gf is back from uni so I'm not continuously texting her, it'll last for about 4 days, maybe more.

Edited by spafe2302

iPhone! Its the class leader and the one all other phones try to be like.

LOL WTF, The new iphone has the same features my HTC running Android has had for over a year... :?

The original iPhone came out in 2007 and every other phone manufacturer has been playing catch up ever since.

There may be the odd feature/gadget that Blackberry/HTC/Samsung has released since then the that iPhone now has but the basic operating features have always been much better. IMO :wink:

iPhone! Its the class leader and the one all other phones try to be like.

LOL WTF, The new iphone has the same features my HTC running Android has had for over a year... :?

The original iPhone came out in 2007 and every other phone manufacturer has been playing catch up ever since.

There may be the odd feature/gadget that Blackberry/HTC/Samsung has released since then the that iPhone now has but the basic operating features have always been much better. IMO :wink:

Have to agree with that. Whatever the other phones running android offer or the other competitors, they dont reach the overall quality, useability and consumer network of apple's iPhone in my opinion. Apparently Apple are still fourth behind Noka, Samsung and LG but their year over year change 2010-2011 was 141%, pretty good going!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20085342-37/iphone-doubles-world-market-share-outpaces-rivals/

I have an n900 now didnt want and never want an iphone and tbh dont need apps never missed em all i need is phone text and web and as expected this phone is more a laptop in my pocket.

My wife and one of my best mates wont move from the 3gs cos they hate the i phone 4ms look as for class leader thats just a fanboy thing :)

Philgale used to sing the praises of the iphone even he moved away from it and he was in the buisness.

Apparently Apple are still fourth behind Noka, Samsung and LG but their year over year change 2010-2011 was 141%, pretty good going!

Apple only make one phone... How many different models do Nokia/LG etc make?

What I like about the iPhone is that, if you want the latest Apple phone, there is just the iPhone. If you want the latest HTC/Blackberry etc then you have to choose from any number of different models from the same manufacturer, and then, 10 minutes after you've bought it they will release a newer version. At least with Apple you know it won't change for at least 18 months, and when it does you can update your older model with the latest software.

As someone who has a load of Apple products: I have an iPhone and the reason I stick with one is probably down to the fact that I hardly ever make calls.

No idea how the i4S fares but the reception for the i4 is ridiculous, I rarely have a working signal...especially when I really need one. That said, I never used to have one on my N95 which preceded the i3 I had so it could well be down to my rural location.

My brother has a Blackberry and I often have to borrow it to phone home when I'm in Devon.

This is the same argument as pc/mac xbox or ps3 etc people like the iphone others wont touch it.

Theres loads to choose from and there getting more alike pick what you like.

My mate had to use my phone when he had his accident cos his iphone had no signal lol

This is the same argument as pc/mac xbox or ps3 etc people like the iphone others wont touch it.

My mate had to use my phone when he had his accident cos his iphone had no signal lol

There is no argument, is PS3 all the way hehe.

:cheers:

Nooooo.... Betamax is still the best there is! :shock:

Nooooo.... Betamax is still the best there is! :shock:

Nah lazer disk, if some on here remember those :)

HTC Desire.......Phone, Music Player and Sat Nav all in one unit fitted into my HTC screen mount/Charger that keeps it charged while in the car. Can swap the MicroSD cards around to change the music (8GB each)....which keeps me entertained while driving..... 8-)

Guys....aren't you forgetting 8-track? Now that was a system.... :lol:

I had a Blackberry for 18 months and personally didn't like it at all while I had it, the internet browsing frustrated me so much that I would always wait till I had pc access or was in a wifi area so i could use my ipod touch.

The only thing I miss is the excellent keyboard (a friend with a touchscreen phone was amazed when she saw me typing so fast on my phone lol) and BBM but I won't be going back to blackberry again.

play around on a friends phone to see if you like it because most phones can do most things so it will really be down to what you find nicest in your hands.

Guest philgale

As techno said i loved my old iPhone, had them since they were released and then changed to the desire hd and was glad i did. the iPhone is boring nothing really changed in the time it has been out. i broke my desire hd and now have an LG optimus 3d and i love it.

its just as easy as an iPhone to use, intact its easier coz you don't need iTunes to do anything, just turn it on and away you go. i can get the same apps as i can get on the iPhone yet i don't have to pay for most of them. my mate has an iPhone4 and bought a golf gps app and it cost him £17 i bought the same app on my LG and it cost me £1.79...

I love apple stuff, I'm using a macbook pro now, my mum uses my old macbook air, i have a mac mini upstairs plugged into my telly and an iPad, so I'm far from an apple hater.

Having said that i could be tempted back to the 4s as the iCloud is now out and would work really well with my iPad and macs, and the siri is awesome.

and before anyone says apple make the best phones and the like of LG are crap, just google who makes the screen for the iPhone and who makes the processors for it...and who did apple steal technology from and lost in court and had to pay about something like a billion dollars?

Apple will never overtake nokia in terms of revenue made from phone, as its nokia who own the multitouch technology so every iPhone sold actually makes nokia money, so in theory nokia could stop making phones now and still earn billions just from apple using there technology that was stolen.

As techno said i loved my old iPhone, had them since they were released and then changed to the desire hd and was glad i did. the iPhone is boring nothing really changed in the time it has been out. i broke my desire hd and now have an LG optimus 3d and i love it.

its just as easy as an iPhone to use, intact its easier coz you don't need iTunes to do anything, just turn it on and away you go. i can get the same apps as i can get on the iPhone yet i don't have to pay for most of them. my mate has an iPhone4 and bought a golf gps app and it cost him £17 i bought the same app on my LG and it cost me £1.79...

I love apple stuff, I'm using a macbook pro now, my mum uses my old macbook air, i have a mac mini upstairs plugged into my telly and an iPad, so I'm far from an apple hater.

Having said that i could be tempted back to the 4s as the iCloud is now out and would work really well with my iPad and macs, and the siri is awesome.

and before anyone says apple make the best phones and the like of LG are crap, just google who makes the screen for the iPhone and who makes the processors for it...and who did apple steal technology from and lost in court and had to pay about something like a billion dollars?

Apple will never overtake nokia in terms of revenue made from phone, as its nokia who own the multitouch technology so every iPhone sold actually makes nokia money, so in theory nokia could stop making phones now and still earn billions just from apple using there technology that was stolen.

LG Optimus's for the win ^^ :cheers: