Scooters or Bikes?

The Joker

<t>Scooters or Motorbikes</t>  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Scooters or Motorbikes

• Scooters
    • Motorbikes

Which do you all prefer? I'm guessing due to the forum name that the majority would prefer motorbikes, but does anyone own or prefer scooters?

I love mine! And will probably look to get a bigger bike in future but for now i'm more than happy, plus because it's 110 cc i can keep up with traffic!

I was just asking really, to see what other bikers thought of scooters... would be a bit embarrasing if i saw a group of bikes, had a chat with them, showed them my ride and they laugh at me :up:

So yeah, what do y'all think?

My experience of a scooter when I was 16 was very bad. I fell off the bloody thing 3 times in 18 months and believe that they are just inherently unstable! Maybe it might have been my youth that made me ride it like an idiot, I don't know...

I also believe they just don't have the same road presence as a bike and even though you can get larger engine scooters these days, a lot of drivers don't know that and will still try to take the p*ss.

I also like the sound of a motorbike more too :-)

Which do you all prefer? I'm guessing due to the forum name that the majority would prefer motorbikes, but does anyone own or prefer scooters?

I love mine! And will probably look to get a bigger bike in future but for now i'm more than happy, plus because it's 110 cc i can keep up with traffic!

I was just asking really, to see what other bikers thought of scooters... would be a bit embarrasing if i saw a group of bikes, had a chat with them, showed them my ride and they laugh at me :up:

So yeah, what do y'all think?

I'm afraid i would have to laugh at you :wink:

In all seriousness scooters have their place - just not in my garage :lol:

I have never owned nor would i want to own a scooter, From my experiance with a 125cc motorbike.

You have no road presence and the majority of other road users will go out of there way to cut you up.

I remember one incident were a car under-took (is that how you spell it? :s) me on the left on a 40 Mph road....yes i played a part in presenting the road space with bad lane positioning however the other driver had no remorse with performing a very dangerouse manouver.

That set aside i have a high respect for scooter riders, on these dark,wet and cold nights i see more scooters than motorbikes and as such i always make sure to give them a friendly nod.

Had a Lambretta back in the day. Had me own Parka, Northern soul records and everything. Got fed up of being blown off at the lights. Moved to bikes. Great...Discovered leather........bought some Def Leppard , AC.DC........ grew me hair.............got to stop washing and everything. 8-)

Motorbike - Only because I travel on a duel carriage-way and have lovely roads around here, and you cant really have a spirited ride on a scooter (Its only just possible to have a spirited ride on a 125, overtakes do take a while though on national speed limits...)

Scooters are ideal for city riding though, built up areas it can weave in and out of traffic, really easy to filter with and at lights there is no clutch to mess around with so its rather fast off the line, so once you are at the head of the que you can make a good get-away up to 30mph, but if the speed limit is only 30mph, thats all you need! Great for storage too (although mine wouldnt take my helmet :( ) and better on insurance and fuel than larger machines. If I lived and worked in a large city with no good riding roads around I would probably go back to a scooter, although maybe get one with 200+cc haha

I have a Yamaha XP500.

I also like the sound of a motorbike more too :-)

It sounds like a bike Wanners...2 cylinder 500cc 4 stroke. :)

In all seriousness scooters have their place - just not in my garage :lol:

No room for a scoot in your garage Ingah,,,its full of bikes in bits! :lol:

We have toured further on the scoot than on any bike i have had, comfy, with the underseat storage, tunnel bag and a top box i can carry all i need for a week touring.

It aint bike fast, but it will cruise all day at 85mph, fast enough for a old fart like me. :)

I would like another bike (Honda CB750f2n please) in the future.....but the scoot would stay too. :thumb:

I spent 3 years on a deristricted 50 scoot cos it was a cheap 2nd form of transport had no interest in bikes whatsoever, would have never been able to afford the test till i split with ex and new bird crashed scooter, now all i want to do is do fly bys on them like bikers used to do with me :)

I didn't get a 50cc for the fact their top speed is 30, you have to keep leftish in any zone faster than 30 and they sound crap!

My 110 is fast off the line, doesn't sound crap, will do 65, 70 down a hill :o and for what i use it for it's ideal! Plus it's 4 stroke, fuel injected? something like that!

I'll get a propper bike in a few years when i have more experience on 2 wheels ;)

So not many people on here are fans of scooters :(

I have a cbr600 however would love a twist and go for work and back but that is all.

For me it really is bikes.

Scooters do have their place and in czech we have a 50cc derestricted thing it's a laugh to ride and I can get 50mph out of it!

Love my bikes, but on my scooter I laugh out loud more often, have more fun and travel more quickly (or is that badly).

Just miss the power.

Cant wait to see what the BMW 650 scoots like next march though.

Scooters have their place in the market....but not for me.....I feel uncomfortable perched on top of the scooter when I rode one, whereas I feel I'm part of my bike when I'm riding that.

Each to their own..... 8-)

Not a big scooter fan, the sound of them puts me right off. No doubt i'd get the piss ripped outta me by my mates as well.

Nothing against their riders, each to their own and all that 8-)

If i did get one though, i'd no doubt try and copy this:

:bike2:

I have a cbr600 however would love a twist and go for work and back but that is all.

For me it really is bikes.

Scooters do have their place and in czech we have a 50cc derestricted thing it's a laugh to ride and I can get 50mph out of it!

I had mine off the clock :)