hapenis

BikerBoy414

hey guys, bikerboy414 here!

just wanted to ask you guys about hapenis and otha emotons. im so hapy most of the time but then i crash (not my bike lolz) :lol: i plumit down and feel very unhapy. biking chers me up, so does my mates and beer and cig but you know how itt is when your just down and u don no y?

i no im not alone - u guys must have your off days to rite?

thanks guys

Then I would recommend a trip to the doctor. I find when I get low I want to have a laugh and do things to chear me up. Excercise is also a good thing and I know a bike is not excercise, but it is active. Plan a trip with a some comfort food like a bacon roll at a stop somewhere.

Get pissed :)

How old are you again!

Now we all get down at some point especially during winter months hell I hardly see the daylight, but tho depression is serious for some others find it to conveniant an axcuse to be non productive in life.

The young of today its all lifes shit, whats the point, its hard..get a grip ffs!

Get off your arse and do soomething about it theres plenty of people who are worse off alot worse off now they have a reason to be depressed!

thanks a lot renie tht means lots to me. you guys are relzies helping. your words are my medicine lol.

but it is true about my genration - lots of ppl dnt no how gd theyve relzies got it. im 18 btw techno. no hard feeling.

Dunno really i would say as an adult and a parent you just have to get on with things, work, family friends etc life goes on.

Apart from when my first relationship broke down cant really think of a time when ive been that low, and tbh its turned out one of the best things that ever happened to me, the grass sometimes is greener as I said just before get a grip of yourself set some goals and get on with living, you get one shot make the most of it!

Is it just me or is that or is the original post really hard to read?

If you are talking about happiness, then it all around you, you have to look beyond material things.

The word depression is used all too often... we all have happy days and sad days, lows and highs.. its part of life.

You may have depression associated with the death of your mum, if so grievance follows a process, and time is the greatest healer.

Try and keep busy, do things, be around friends and talk to people. All to often GPs prescribe anti depressants, more than £250 million a year spent on them... sometimes they are needed to level someone out for a while, but more often than not its a lifestyle change that will sort it.

I work for a mental health organisation so kinda know what im taking about, good luck.

I can't read the posts easily (struggle with text talk) but to the OP, you say you feel down and don't know why - surely it's hardly surprising if your mum just died??? Bereavement is a process you have to go through and will take time to cope with, and people deal with it in different ways. Sometimes you want to be alone with your thoughts and other times need a distraction. Time will heal the wounds eventually though.

The way I've dealt with bad things such as bereavement is just to accept that I will feel this way for a while, it's normal and that I won't always feel like it. You don't forget the person (or pet/whatever) but there comes a time you can think of them without feeling sad - how long this takes is up to the individual.

If you've got lots of friends and things to do then this should help much of the time. You could ask your doctor's advice but I think that doctors tend to dish out anti depressants too easily when people don't actually need them. Too often people rely on medication when it would actually be better to deal with the situation, life after all isn't always a bed of roses...

eta just kind of said what Vicki said! :roll:

If I ever feel really down I go and find that letter Stephen Fry wrote to that woman who suffered from depression who wrote to him in a moment of desperation:

I'm so sorry to hear that life is getting you down at the moment. Goodness knows, it can be so tough when nothing seems to fit and little seems to be fulfilling. I'm not sure there's any specific advice I can give that will help bring life back its savour. Although they mean well, it's sometimes quite galling to be reminded how much people love you when you don't love yourself that much.

I've found that it's of some help to think of one's moods and feelings about the world as being similar to weather:

Here are some obvious things about the weather:

It's real.

You can't change it by wishing it away.

If it's dark and rainy it really is dark and rainy and you can't alter it.

It might be dark and rainy for two weeks in a row.

BUT

It will be sunny one day.

It isn't under one's control as to when the sun comes out, but come out it will.

One day.

It really is the same with one's moods, I think. The wrong approach is to believe that they are illusions. They are real. Depression, anxiety, listlessness - these are as real as the weather - AND EQUALLY NOT UNDER ONE'S CONTROL. Not one's fault.

BUT

They will pass: they really will.

In the same way that one has to accept the weather, so one has to accept how one feels about life sometimes. "Today's a crap day," is a perfectly realistic approach. It's all about finding a kind of mental umbrella. "Hey-ho, it's raining inside: it isn't my fault and there's nothing I can do about it, but sit it out. But the sun may well come out tomorrow and when it does, I shall take full advantage."

I don't know if any of that is of any use: it may not seem it, and if so, I'm sorry. I just thought I'd drop you a line to wish you well in your search to find a little more pleasure and purpose in life.

Very best wishes

there's always someone, somewhere, a lot worse off than you. Try and remember that, focus on all the things you can do (and perhaps take for granted) and start to plan some things that you can look forward to. Keep active, talk to your friends a lot, and time will soon smooth things over.

there's always someone, somewhere, a lot worse off than you. Try and remember that

Sorry but if you ever come into contact with someone who really is depressed please don't use this as any method of coping. Depression is an illness but it does not lead to stupidity, ofcourse people realise life could be a lot worse but that really doesn't help them feel any better. When was the last time you watched comic relief/children in need or something similar, considered how much worse life could be and found it cheered you up? :| Seriously, if you think you have depression go see a doctor.

this has been very inlitening for me and iv lernt lots. i ave decide to 'steer cleer' (pardon the pun lolzies) of mind medicines. i want to feel every thing - good and bads, up and downs smile and frownsies.

thanks for all the help guyz - if anyone else is down then look no further my friends! all the info is right here, ripe for the pluckin! :angel12:

Sorry to hear about your mum, it must be a very difficult time.

Most people manage to cope with grief. As the others have said it is a normal process that we go through when something like that happens. Some people though do find they need help though.

If things carry on being tough, don't dismiss the idea of seeing your GP - they aren't all hell bent on prescribing anti-depressants and something like bereavement counselling may be appropriate.

my mum just died. its hard being me.

So did mine, but life (for the rest of us) carries on...

Firstly, get a grip.

Then secondly, learn to spell. Then people will understand what you're typing and maybe they'll be more prepared to reply to you and offer advice. It's a bit hard to be enthusiastic about replying to someone that appears to only type random letters.

And then go out and enjoy yourself with your newly discovered spelling skill :P

Firstly, get a grip.

Then secondly, learn to spell. Then people will understand what you're typing and maybe they'll be more prepared to reply to you and offer advice. It's a bit hard to be enthusiastic about replying to someone that appears to only type random letters.

That advice cheered me up no end :lol:

Firstly, get a grip.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_phBqY8vEpic/THEnTzS65iI/AAAAAAAAAyg/lktUzJYvzak/s1600/victormeldrew0410_468x493.jpg

Ah shurrup grumpy.... I could undersand it... !! :booty: