<t>Speeding points on license</t>  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Speeding points on license

• I'm an angel/devil not yet caught. Never had a point
    • Yep had them in past, but license is squeaky clean now
    • Yeah got them, it was always going to happen
    • I've already been banned
    • I don't have a license yet

maybe you should have put "I am an angel on the roads and dont have any points" and a seperate one for "I am a devil on the road and am just lucky not to have any points" because my bet is most people will be the second one..

Which reminds me, coming into my town from a 60 limit to a 30, I usually slow down to 30-40 and dont accelerate, but just let it role down the hill but usually end up at about 40mph past the rugby club. Infact scratch that, I ALWAYS used to do that, till one night I went out at about 11pm, quiet roads and came back about half an hour later, for some reason even though it was half 11pm and there was noone about I decided to slow to 30 (probably the first time I had ever done 30 down there) and as I turned the "corner" (very soft corner) I saw a policecar in the rugby club and a cop in high viz pointing a speed gun at me. Oh my f**king god I though to my self... Thats what I call luck!

Had 6 in the past.

Might have another 3 coming after today. NSL nice open road having a lovely little blast nice sweeping left hander ith a 30 mph sign on the bend and a camera van in the lay-by.

There was no way i was going to start breaking mid corner on a damp road.

maybe you should have put "I am an angel on the roads and dont have any points" and a seperate one for "I am a devil on the road and am just lucky not to have any points" because my bet is most people will be the second one..

Re-read my post and read the small print. :mrgreen: :wink:

I bet there is hardly a person on this forum who hasn't hit 90 on a public road if they have a big bike. I'm sure many people here will have done 100 at some point. Accidently is as good as purposely, - speeding is a statutory offence.

Was out with a couple of 600s last weekend (or possibly sometime during the week, I cant remember) but we were just getting back and were about to get to a straight bit of road so I waved the one behind past who hit the rev limited passing me on a national speed limit road and looked like he overshot and ended up next to the 600 in front of me on the opposite side of the road, they looked at each other and then shot off, got back and they said when one of them looked down he was doing 106mph (them on 33bhp's and me behind not even able to brake the speed limit at 60 :'( ) lol

Had lots, none at the mo. Getting better at not getting caught, I ain't slowed down.

Must admit I tend to adhere to 30 in built up areas. 60 in a 30 is very silly. You're risking having a death on your conscience. Go to Gaol, Go directly to Gaol, do not pass Go, do not collect £200. And send some flowers 8-)

Had 6 in the past.

Might have another 3 coming after today. NSL nice open road having a lovely little blast nice sweeping left hander ith a 30 mph sign on the bend and a camera van in the lay-by.

Bikes don't have a front plate. :mrgreen:

Had 6 in the past.

Bikes don't have a front plate. :mrgreen:

no but they can write your plate down as you go past as it videos you too!!

Licence is clean as far as the DVLA care but not as far as my insurance company care/quote]

Personally I think that's a shameless licence to print money - "You did the crime, you did the time, but hey-ho, we're going to screw you for a higher premium for two extra years, despite the fact that your licence is now clean in the eyes of the law". :evil:

It used to be that they wanted to know about any points in the last four years, now it's gone up to five, only a matter of time before it's ten ...

Licence is clean as far as the DVLA care but not as far as my insurance company care/quote]

Personally I think that's a shameless licence to print money - "You did the crime, you did the time, but hey-ho, we're going to screw you for a higher premium for two extra years, despite the fact that your licence is now clean in the eyes of the law". :evil:

It used to be that they wanted to know about any points in the last four years, now it's gone up to five, only a matter of time before it's ten ...

Have to agree, like accidents have to be declared wether car or bike but ncb doesnt transfer!

Hmmm wonder why?

Oh yeh cos that would benefit us ffs!

:stupid:

Almost everyone speeds to some degree, we have already paid a price for it so why do we have to pay more for insurance for the years ahead. Funny how it wont counter in common sense :lol:

Insurance is a risk based business. Premiums are set according to the level of risk. Experience has shown insurers that people that speed are more likely to have a claim. It's really not rocket science you know :P