<t>Speeding points on license</t>  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Speeding points on license

• I'm an angel/devil not yet caught. Never had a point
    • Yep had them in past, but license is squeaky clean now
    • Yeah got them, it was always going to happen
    • I've already been banned
    • I don't have a license yet

Time to cough up. If you don't want to just vote in the poll. Car points count too - because the license is one.

I have had several close near-misses. I freely admit both in my car and bike my license should strictly have been taken away at some point or other. Nowadays if I do go over I make sure it is within non-banning speeds.

And for the disclaimer we, that is me, this thread and this site, do not encourage or gloat in law breaking. :mrgreen:

Got 3 points on my license. Was caught doing 49 in a 40.

The most annoying thing was that it was the first time in about 3 months I had used the car instead on the bike, and I kept on drifting over the speed limit because I was so used to judging my speed by the noise of the engine and the feel of the wind, neither of which you have in a car.

Been caught twice in 16 years of driving. 1st one was 70 on a single carriageway in a van, I was young and I didn't know the limit was 50 :oops: 2nd time was 96 on a dual carriageway :shock: luckily got away with 60 quid and 3 points 8-) licence is clean now though :angel12:

Like many of you, (I may have) done some proper licence losing speeds (yes even on a 125, but imagine if you did 70+ in a 30? :wink:

Not yet been caught, mainly through dumb luck.

Drove my mums TT for a while earlier this year. Id call twice the National Speed Limit on the M40 quite something. :lol:

mine is clean so far through sheer dumb luck i think.

was doing 85ish on the motorway a while back and had a cop car flash his lights at me and waggle his finger at me on his way past so i did the palm up sorry gesture and slowed down, next thing i know the blues were on and he went charging off :shock: lucky me

Only been caught once and that was doing 38 in a 30 at 4am. In my defence, it was not in housed area and used to be a 40 til some drunk in a jeep killed 3 people one Christmas. They changed the speed limit, cos you know, if he'd known it was a 30 he wouldn't have been drink driving :roll: That was over 4 years ago so it's squeaky clean now, not sure how long that'll last once I get a bike :mrgreen:

Licence is clean as far as the DVLA care but not as far as my insurance company care, but that's a different rant entirely ;)

53 in a 40, A417 between Swindon and Cheltenham, dual carriageway but had roadworks so was down to 40 but it was 10:45 on a Sunday night so there was no one working, completely straight bit of road so I could see there was absolutely no one else on it whatsoever so it really wasn't a danger to anyone but the camera still flashed me. If anyone's working in roadworks I'll slow down, I've seen the damage a stone kicked up from a tire can do to someone, but when there's no one there...

Until that exact moment I would have defended speed cameras, got to think a real live, breathing cop would have told me to slow down but accepted it wasn't a danger to anyone so given me a good ticking off and let me on my way.

Still, at least I always know when my sister's wedding anniversary is, it was on the way home from her wedding so her anniversary date is printed on my licence :)

6 points and a speed awareness course in the last 2 years. think my 'speedcop esp' is waning lately :lol: ironically I've never been stopped on my 1098, 3 points and speed awareness came on my Blackbird and 3 points came on a shop loaned Fazer 600 after dropping the 1098 off for service :?

Clean at the moment.....touch wood.... :lol:

110mph on the A13 in Essex back in '83 was my last recorded misdemeanor........ :mrgreen:

Captain sensible now though..... :wink:

sensible enough to know the local police hide-outs you mean? :wink: