Need logo desiging, prize for the best one that gets used.

Guest philgale

That's probably do-able, Nat

The logo was only a quick go using powerpoint, converted to JPG and then cropped.

I've dowloaded GIMP, it's a freeware for manipulating images a bit like photoshop but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Whatever you go for, it's a good idea to keep it fairly simple because if you have to size it for business cards etc.. than too much detail will be lost.

Guest philgale
Phil. I have looked at your pics on the website and could offer some constructive critique if you want..?

feel free to fire us a PM mate. always happy to hear how to improve

Could you not do something using a biker perhaps?

Riding left to right a rider tucked in could be the S. Umm.... make the T out of the tail and the rear shock or something? Could even make the P out of the fairing if you tried hard enough.

If you're feeling brave I could break out the old Paint skillz :)

Phil. I have looked at your pics on the website and could offer some constructive critique if you want..?

feel free to fire us a PM mate. always happy to hear how to improve

I will have a look on Sunday and PM you then. It will be interesting to see how we compare pictures!

fml, I dont know where to start, especially if this is going to be put online I dont want to use other people pictures e.g the one of the bike I can see a stamp on it, and I think the flags are someone elses image too, but just modified

I'm the same as you Alex. I was quite a whiz at Photoshop when I was at college. But I haven't touched it in 3 years I don't know where to start! :(

I don't want to pull a picture off the net and mess with as it may become your actual logo, and if it breaches copyrights it's bad news :(

fml, I dont know where to start, especially if this is going to be put online I dont want to use other people pictures e.g the one of the bike I can see a stamp on it, and I think the flags are someone elses image too, but just modified

Regarding images from the net - they're plenty that you can use for free. Many sites offering clip art allow the free use of the simpler ones in the hope that you will download their more complicated stuff at a fee. If you are particularly worried then sites such as Shutterstock have many images that you can dowload for a few pence or you can subscribe for x amount of images a month etc...

Regarding the flags - yes they were downloaded and modified - it's such a simple image that it is unlikely to get you into trouble. If you are interested in something like that, I can recreate it from scratch quite easily. I've been playing in GIMP and you can do an angled waving flag in a couple of minutes from a flat black and white checked rectangle with a red letter on it.

By the way, I've written web-based e-learning courses as part of my job and the company that trained me to use the software (pukka full-time developers) nick stuff off the 'net all the time - if it isn't stamped/watermarked then it's fair game as far as they're concerned! I'm a bit more carefull than that though - I only use free clip art icons/images and my own photos or company images.

dwb - Like that, nice idea!

Guest philgale
erm, when does the "competition" end? am firing up fireworks now and racking my sleep deprived brain for ideas lol

When i find one i really want to use, before xmas lets put it that way.

i like the flags, there the best upto now just wondering if i want it as a logo or not.

this is gonna get printed on banners, hi-viz vest (have to wear one) and my coat etc etc, so needs to be something I'm 100% about

erm, when does the "competition" end? am firing up fireworks now and racking my sleep deprived brain for ideas lol

When i find one i really want to use, before xmas lets put it that way.

i like the flags, there the best upto now just wondering if i want it as a logo or not.

this is gonna get printed on banners, hi-viz vest (have to wear one) and my coat etc etc, so needs to be something I'm 100% about

ah right, thats ok then because I just tried two of my ideas, both were bad lol

Guest philgale

No more? need more of a logo than just a way of putting the name. just googled TSP and found this that looks good, so something along the lines of this, just different :lol: maybe the TS linked together. but just to give people more idea of what I'm looking for

http://www.tsp-esd.eu/images/logo.png

Guest philgale
I can't do it, but I would suggest you made the TSP as a tyre print and the swirl on the top left as the image of a corner on a race track.

Im not after that logo, just an example of not just wanting Track Side Photography written, if you get what i mean.

Stu PMd me one and i think thats winning upto now, just a few tweaks needed i think

Guest philgale

this is stu's, what i like is the logo on the left, i can see a T and S in it, just maybe a different colour and poss a lens instead of the yellow dot. if anyone can conjure up that, without the writing on the lens etc that would be kool.

http://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=8751

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvd75aW0X21r4wbzyo1_500.jpg