UK Challenge 100 Discussion 2012

TC

I had a brilliant ride today :D Dry roads, quite and everything clicked so I was smooth and did not fall off, even once! Thank goodness I went to a place which has someone I could borrow a pen and a bit of paper off to make a temporary tag. It was such a horrible feeling opening the top box to realise I had left my tag at home :shock: Imagine doing that somewhere like Rannoch Station. I would have had to make up a '22' out of twigs and bits of grass!

i have just imported that list on to tyre so i can put it all on my sat nav 8-) :mrgreen:

Its a great little sat nav helper, I use it all the time (and when do i ever get lost)

You can use Tom tom or Garmin

Free download here

http://www.tyre.tk/

I've used it for years its ace :D

Had a good day out in the borders today down two more in the bag. Left Livingston at 11ish.The route for today was down the A7 to Langholm then up the B709 to the first pic the Tibetan centre followed the B709 all the way to the A708 left turn onto the A708 and off to the Glen cafe at St Marys Loch pic 2 in the bag. If anyown is thinking of getting the Tibetan centre i would sugest going down the B709 from the A708 to the centre as the road is lush and smooth as for theB709 from Langholm to the Tibetan centre it is pig awfull massive potholes and more loose gravel than a quarry. After a nice feed and a cupa at the glen cafe headed up th A708 towards Selkirk and turned left at Cappercleuch on to an unmarked road which heads for Megget Reservoir single trck with passing places but by jingo what a road full of tight turns and one hell of a steep decent all with a pretty good road surface. Followed this past Megget Reservoir past Talla Reservoir turned right onto th A701 followed this and turned right onto the A72 then the roman road A721 up to Carnwath right turn onto th A70 and back to Livingston was a great day out with super roads total miles 190 ish.

Welcome to the Game GOG

That White Hart seems popular

Hey TC...they do decent food and beer in there too......Mine & BonnieBirds local.....5 min walk there.....15 min stagger back..... 8-)

Looks like some people had a few good rides on the bikes this weekend tagging.

Which is the whole idea of the game.

Welcome to the game Duane

Thanks for the advice on the B709 Gordon, i'll probably use this one myself

and Rushwind storms into the lead.

I was out from 11am to 4pm yesterday. I took a long ride over to Huntingdon from Leicestershire and then worked my way down to the other tags.

I'd have liked to meet up to say hi but i dont think i could have managed any more tags as i was getting cold and tired, i did manage about 220 miles tho.

My tags are starting to get hundreds of miles away now.

Don't forget guys 'n' gals, the offer of an overnight stay at our house is still there if you want to get tags that are a bit further away! :)

Rennie & I hope to get out this weekend for some more :D

Thanks Susie & Rennie......we'll be taking you up on that offer later on..... :wink:

No Tags for me or BonnieBird this coming weekend.....got Sport Relief 5k run on Sunday....all for charity though....so don't mind another weekend of no biking if it's for a good cause.... 8-)

taking into account the mileage covered.

The picture stands :cheers:

I was in London yesterday but forgot my number, given the distance travelled can I still get points?

:lol:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h272/kmck10/londonbridge.jpg

Seeing as your bike is in Perth being repaired :)

No

I got it back on Monday...honest :oops:

Plus you have a different Can on it now :up:

You'll have to get up earlier than that :booty:

Have a great ride today - 170 miles round trip!! :shock: :lol:

The first 30 miles was horrible though - really foggy! :shock: 40mph & couldn't see a thing!

P.S Is there an extra prize for the most miles on a 125???? :wink: :lol: Reckon I've done about 270 so far! :lol: