I dont get Direct access or full test stuff

I'm going through preping for my full bike test so I dont need these L plates anymore. I know what the procedure and different routes, its just the costs?

Like on gov website mod 1 is 18 pound or something then next is 80 or something like that,

But when I go to my local bike place where I'll get it done, says moduel one is 89 quid for module 1 test, then 2 is 170?

Do these combine to make the final payments or something?

I hope my question is understandable to you guys if not just reply and I'll put more informative accurate text :)

If you plan to do your own test with no lessons then the fees are Mod1 £15.50, Mod2 £75 (a bit more at weekends).

But if you are going for your tests through a training centre, they will add on extra for tuition (depending on how much extra training you have, and the cost of training will vary from place to place).

If you do Direct Acccess then you have to have training, so the fees will incorporate the cost of the tests plus what training you have.

Is it wise todo the test without lessons?

Only on a 125, if you're over 21 and wish to do DAS then you're have to do it through a professional training outfit. Personally, I would advocate training, because how else are you to know that what you're doing is correct, but it's ultimately your decision. I wouldn't have passed if i'd done it myself. Adapted to what the roads required, not what the DSA textbook says, so I was glad I spent the money for someone to tutor me to 'pass the test' so to speak.

Is it wise todo the test without lessons?

Only on a 125, if you're over 21 and wish to do DAS then you're have to do it through a professional training outfit. Personally, I would advocate training, because how else are you to know that what you're doing is correct, but it's ultimately your decision. I wouldn't have passed if i'd done it myself. Adapted to what the roads required, not what the DSA textbook says, so I was glad I spent the money for someone to tutor me to 'pass the test' so to speak.

Im 25 and on a budget, but I want a big bike so it looks like Im going to have to beg her. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i personally wouldn't bother with lessons for mod 1. Its easy. I just watched youtube and read up on it. Then practiced myself.

all you do is wheel your bike from one box to another, do an emergency stop, stop controlled in a box, do a u turn, do a swerve (which is quite fun)... Thats it.

But i would do lessons for mod 2

Exercise (1) Park and Push

Exercise (2) Slalom

Exercise (3) Figure of Eight

Exercise (4) Slow Ride

Exercise (5) The "U"-Turn

Exercise (6) Half-Circle 1

Exercise (7) Controlled Stop

Exercise (8) Half-Circle 2

Exercise(9) Emergency Stop

Exercise (10) Half-Circle 3

Exercise (11) Avoidance