mod 2 shieldhall

Hi everyone. Iam new to this forum and looking for info.I've just failed my mod 2 for a 2nd time in shieldhall glasgow. I believe I did worse than the first time.I understand that this test centre has a very low pass rate, can anyone tell me what the other pass rates for Scottish teat centres are

Hi and welcome to the forum. I passed on my second attempt at the Mod 2. I had not spotted the 20mph past Renfrew High was only when the lights flash but the one a couple of hundred yards on past Arkleston Primary was 20mph all the time. What did you fail on? It should not matter what you do right or wrong, one is a pass and the other is a fail.

I started with Bike It is Paisley and then switched because of their crappy GS500s to Ride On who were using new XJ6s which were far more comfortable and reliable.

Your fails sound like bad luck.

Sounds like bad luck. Keep trying. I don't know Glasgow, but general advice would be to try to get to know the area the test will take place especially where stop signs and 20mph roads are. If you're comfortable with the lay of the land that's one less hassle on the test.

I just couldn't get into gear approx 4 times at lights, that never happens before to me and he said I was indicating off a round about to soon.who did you train with

Can you clarify something - you say couldn't get into gear at lights? Are you saying you were in neutral waiting for the lights to change? Because if you were then you have been taught incorrectly...

Hi pal,

It is tough at Sheildhall as there are many roundabouts, schools, unmarked junctions on this test route(s) - I failed my first Md 2 at Sheildhall, however managed to pass second time round.

I just drove around the general test routes etc to familiarise myself with layouts, speedlimits etc etc

On the second attempt I just said to myself, keep it to the basics - Ensure obeyed all signs, kept to speed limit and ensured life savers etc done. The rest should take care of itself.

I also think there are 2 excellent examiners at Sheildhall in Davy (I think thats his name...smaller guy with glasses) and Sam, both whom are gentlemen and are genuine in wanting you to pass if you ride well - There was another guy there who had no personality whatsoever, funnily enough he was the one I had on my Mod 2 fail with.....Any Examiners, if any read this, take Davy and Sams lead, a bit of personality shows your human and may help (it did me) the person being tested to ride to the full potential as they will be a bit more relaxed.

Good luck on your next attempt, you will pass, its just a bummer on the cost side.

Cheers

If you had trouble getting the bike into gear on your test, then you didn't have control of the bike which is a clear fail. Were you putting the bike in neutral when you were stopped?

Hi guys sorry Iam just replying. When stopped at lights I went down the gears untill in first, so I thought. Also no neutral light on until I tried to pull away and I was just reviving but to be honest it was me at fault as I was a bag of nerves. Ill get it next time