Hugger

dragolith

The hugger on my CBR seems a little off alignment or something, here is a pic:-

It has always been a bit close to the wheel, but not this bad, how can I get correct clearance?

Thanks.

DSCF3048.jpg.7b4c7369375347ac97141520086558da.jpg

Kin ell that's well pi$$ed and dangerous. Pix of what's holding it on please. Tyr moving brackets around and if it won't stay where it should , add extra brackets or tie wraps!!! :mrgreen:

I had a look and can't fingure out how to get it off. Here is another pic with a bit of rubber from a puncture kit wedged in to try force it into shape overnight.

I am pissed off, the bike has been with Honda for a whole month, just collected today. I can't ride it like this tomorrow right?!

1.jpg.34bd984b53a06f9a2dd40e78369872fd.jpg

Deffo don't ride it till you sort it. Find the brackets and move em around until the hugger clears the tyre or just remove the hugger, you don't have to have one ! :mrgreen:

Got it off!

It safe to ride with no hugger? :roll:

Lots of bikes are sold without?

What is the worst that could happen? Ride through a puddle and get a bit more splash than usual, the bike might get a bit dirtier? Absolutely worst case a stone might ping up and bounce off something rather than getting deflected by the hugger.

My hugger on my CBR was the same angle as that.

I drilled some holes in it and fitted using the screws that hold the back brake pipe in place

Ok, its totally W***ered if you ask me! Mine is a little distorted but that is really bad.

Question... was it also part of the chain guard. If it is and you are riding with no chain guard, make sure you get one. Last thing you want is a boot, or gear dragged into the chain at high speed.

It is seperate from the guard, so no worries there. I'm glad I got it off, because that was baaad. Will look at getting a new one sometime soon.

OR, a Shocktube, looks interesting...