Rideout/s for the Rally 2012

TC

Done 2 routes for a rideout for the Rally.

First one includes the Snake pass and is a mix of roads.

The second one includes the Cat and fiddle (riding the cat is optional, as it goes as far as the pub for a brew thens comes back on itself), Plus Long hill.

Both rides then meet up at Castleton for Chips and up to Monsal Head for an Ice cream and back to the campsite.

The rides will be at a steady pace, if someone wants to ride ahead for a blast they can and then wait for the rest of the group at the next junction.

Route one

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid= ... e39e&msa=0

Route Two

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid= ... 947b&msa=0

I can sort other routes if people want to include other stuff.

Please add any comments of what you want, which one you would prefer.

Volunteers for ride leaders and tail enders If anyone has done those jobs before.

Rides are up to you if you want to come on them. Will probably set off around 11.30/12 ish.

You can chop between rides or just do the bit you want to do then make your own way back if you like.

Out of interest, whats the concensus on speed for a rideout thats got quite a few going (as opposed to you and two mates ragging it!).

I tend to cruise myself between 50 and 80 depending on road and traffic, but quite happy enjoying bimbling along at 50 in the sun. What sort of pace will you guys be going at, not worried as I know you won't be thrashing it and we'll all keep up, but just curious!

dunno what the other guys will say, but im happy anywhere between 50 and 90 lol... just done a fabulous group rideout to wales, 27 bikes, i rode mid pack, av eraging 50-70 on the lovely welsh twisties, with the occasional blat up to 96 on the nice straight bits.. then again im one of the slower ones on here :P

Out of interest, whats the concensus on speed for a rideout thats got quite a few going (as opposed to you and two mates ragging it!).!

When i lead i ride at or around the speed limit. Keeping the person behind in my mirror and the person behind them keeping the next guy in thier mirror and so on, that way the group will ride at a constant speed which people are happy with.

If someone wants to go for a blast ahead thats fine, they just wait at the next junction or Brew stop.

If its not raining I'm riding :mrgreen:

I want to do snake pass as cat is crap!

Are there available on tyre Tc? If not I can take a look at some point

Are there available on tyre Tc? If not I can take a look at some point

I'll sort them out for 'tyre' Stu and post a link.

If anyone has a satnav they can use tyre for the routes.

let me know if you want Garmin or tomtom programs

I'm assuming that neither rideout is for 125's?? :? :(

Route two would be good for a 125 Sue (Roy is taking it) I've just got to ask him :wink:

Sue's going on hers, again.

I think there's at least 2 others.

I could do a campervan drive out! :lol:

We'd become known as 'The Motorhome Bike Forum' if you started things like that Ian.