Electrical problems, mechanical ones too...

Harrydh3

Yup, its broken again.

Left it out in the rain thursday night go to turn it on friday morning and nothing at all, not even dashboard lights.

pushed it off, turns on as normal, dashboard springs into life and i get a solid engine warning light, which is odd because its supposed to give me a error code.

fiddled about and got error code 46 wich i couldnt find much about online apartfrom the plug lead tracking down the center electrode or something so i gave the electrode a clean popped on the plug lead

neways i left it for a bit to dry out and stuck on the battery charger to see if it would cooperate, about2 hours later i tried it and it did to my supprise so off i went on my merry way to grimsby

turned it off in town, jump back on to go to my frands and nothing, diddley squat... bump it and get about 20 feet down the road and it splutters and dies like its runnning out of fuel.

rang the RAC

ate curry

slept

i think i need a new spark plug and battery but i'm going to go put it on the trickle charger and inspect said spark plug shortly see if theres any luck

Second oppinions please :)

if i havent provided enough information i could make a video showing what happens...

It might be worth going over all the exposed wiring loom and connectors you can see with WD40.

You might have water in the electrics from leaving it out in the rain?

Water in ignition switch would be my tuppence worth. Would explain no error code as it's not even turning electrics on. Bumping it will jar it to make the circuit, I have experienced it myself on bikes that live outside.

i did have too much oil in, this has now been rectified, i have got it started with the button but died whilst i was inside (was eaving it to idle to see if it'd charge the battery)

not a loose or dirty connection, i think the battery's not holding charge.

4 year old battery...

going to get a spark plug too

really hope i get it sorted by the rally! :/

i did have too much oil in, this has now been rectified, i have got it started with the button but died whilst i was inside (was eaving it to idle to see if it'd charge the battery)

not a loose or dirty connection, i think the battery's not holding charge.

4 year old battery...

going to get a spark plug too

really hope i get it sorted by the rally! :/

My monies on water somewhere in the wiring system.

Two bikes I have had in the past used to do as you describe on a regular basis, both lived outside.

One would collect water by the coils, so needed unplugging, wiping and putting back each time, the other let water trickle into the ignition switch, which was more of a pain and took loads of blowing.

You could do with another battery anyways, but I don't reckon thats what's causing the grief.