Suggestions for Venue for next years TMBF Rally

Tango

I know we've only just got back from this year's rally......but I understand that there were one or two issues with the venue. So Stu and the Mods were talking about finding a different venue......so I thought that we could all maybe help and suggest alternative venues for consideration?

Anyway....I just did a quick search and came up with this place:

http://www.lowerlodeinn.co.uk/5.html

Obviously there are a lot of things to consider.....but maybe we can help Stu, Vicki and the mods if anyone else knows of possible venues that can be considered.... :)

Thanks for this thread tango

Yeah as above we have had way too many issues with the venue for this years rally and I for one have had enough so its time to find a new place

Ideally we want a place that is central for members enough space for camping and allow us to have our own alcohol on site some facility's.

We could do with just a room with electric for us to gather in with the karaoke but a pub with a function room would do.

The idea is to make it as cheap and as comfortable for everyone

All ideas will be checked out so please feel free to post anything

Thanks for that link tango I will take a look :thumb:

Ditto! I have never ridden on roads like that, it was amazing, and I would be more interested in travelling to get somewhere with scenery like that, then just being close to me!

Will be going WHEREVER it is tho!

This is just up the road from the Miners Standard so pretty much still central.

Its an old coaching inn with a large tarmac car park, camping and rooms not sure about hook up but we can check that out and

We have a large function room available for all types of events

http://www.toprooms.com/hotel/uk/derbys ... 16110114:s

Or Could i suggest moving an Hour further North into Yorkshire where the roads are best in England as we have mostly done the ones around Winster.

What would the members from south of Yorkshire think about travelling an extra hour for great roads all weekend.

Looks good Bob and a very nice area. Less distance for me as well. Stu sugested Cumbria, which would be a mega trip for us southerners. However, given the company and scenery and roads, me n Ohjay, mrs Ohjay and probably Borgy would probably travel anywhere in England or Wales???

TC. i would hazard a guess that heading even further north would put some folks off. tis true that there are some awsome roads further oop the road from derbyshire but if the location is kept fairly central in or around the matlock area then there is no reason why the rideout couldnt be extended further north to include them. via snake pass of course :wink:

heading further south would make for a very central location but the roads are dull as dishwater and too congested to be fun.

TC don't suggest to move it further from us :P

haha but on a serious note, i'd ride anywhere for the meet location isn't an issue with me.

And Martin you best get some practice in on the snake as i'm going to smoke you next time ;)

I think Matlock is bang in the middle for those in Scotland and those in Devon and Cornwall..... that area is a good place i think. I think members need to concentrate on smaller local meets during the year to get to know each other and then incorporate the rally into a long rideout .... same as those in the southern regions :)

There is also the Keswick camping weekend that those further North may be more inclined to get to. But I'm easy with the location......so long as there's some nice scenery nearby to ride through and the company of the nice crowd of TMBF'ers are there I'll do my utmost to get there..... 8-) It's a shame because the Miners Standard is pretty much ideal for a venue....they just need to re-staff it with people that appreciate that there's a recession and a large group of well behaved bikers putting a fair bit of money over their bar should be met with a more civil attitude.... :roll: Rant over..... :wink:

http://www.thesquareandcompass.co.uk/

Passed on the way this year. Camp site is on the other side off the road and to the right of the entrance if looking at it from the road.

Google streetview linky.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Square ... 8,,0,15.82

i actually went in the square and compass to discuss the possibility with them when there was talk of relocating this year.

they are hugely bike friendly, have held other bike rallies, and very welcoming.

the campsite is opposite the pub, and theres no function room, but the interior of the pub is , i think , big enough, and they have a conservatory too.

they are more than happy to be totally invaded for a weekend , and can do food if prewarned of a rough idea of numbers.

would really suggest a recce by whoever might choose the location. they even opened up to show me round out of hours :D.. and with the size of the campsite , im sure gazebos or even a small beer tent wouldnt be a problem lol

Nice one Cat :mrgreen: Personally, I would like to stay in Derbyshire. It is a beautiful county, with some lovely roads. Perhaps if we could all help find the perfect venue with a phone call or eMail, we could have a shortlist of possibilities for those that live in the area and the mods to decide on??? Just a thought :idea:

i did a fair bit of scouting around, as i live and work in the area, and this one seemed ideal, if its big enough... also just a couple of miles down the road from winster, and has a nice big , flat tarmac car park :D.

will keep my eyes peeled for anywhere else, but the location of this one is lovely

yeah I have seen the square and compass and thought it would be an ideal place

thanks for the suggestions and thanks for popping in too cat

I will be making a list of ideas and will check them out with a phone call or a visit!

keep them coming :D

Ooo completely oblivious to any problems at TMBF rally this weekend... apart from having to shoot off earlier then planned and missing out on the fancy dress!

But just to echo everyone else - more than happy to travel where-ever the rally is next year as I had a fab time and it was great to meet everyone :love:

Weekend recce in the square and compass then :lol:

Sunday ride?

I don't finish nights until sunday morning Dan :cry:

My riding would be even worse than it has been lately

Weekend recce in the square and compass then :lol:

Sunday ride?

I don't finish nights until sunday morning Dan :cry:

My riding would be even worse than it has been lately

Okay mate, think I'm off the following sunday too so gimme a shout :)