Suggestions for Venue for next years TMBF Rally

Tango

staff had a crap attitude, think it was craig who nearly didnt get his booked and paid for breakfast because they decided he wasnt coming for it, despite turning up at 9:40 when Breakfast was served between 9 & 10.

price of the drinks varied depending who was behind the bar and what they felt like, bottle of cider was £3 Friday night and anywhere between that and £3.50 by Saturday night.

just shows what bloody good company everyone was as I still had a fantastic time and am already planning next years costume :mrgreen:

Also, it took them 35 minutes to serve an overcooked poached egg!

Bottom line for me is that if I can't get a room next time, I probably won't attend (knackered back does not appreciate camping).

Some good suggestions on here to look into (please NOT MFN - It's shite!).

No-one fancy Cambridgeshire????

:cheers:

How about here.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rj9FNhxrpPQ/Tqgr40VrQRI/AAAAAAAAAUA/WqmbPUus8x0/s1600/Telephone+Box+02.JPG

You can phone home and it is a toilet at the same time.

staff had a crap attitude, think it was craig who nearly didnt get his booked and paid for breakfast because they decided he wasnt coming for it, despite turning up at 9:40 when Breakfast was served between 9 & 10.

price of the drinks varied depending who was behind the bar and what they felt like, bottle of cider was £3 Friday night and anywhere between that and £3.50 by Saturday night.

just shows what bloody good company everyone was as I still had a fantastic time and am already planning next years costume :mrgreen:

Also, it took them 35 minutes to serve an overcooked poached egg!

Bottom line for me is that if I can't get a room next time, I probably won't attend (knackered back does not appreciate camping).

Some good suggestions on here to look into (please NOT MFN - It's shite!).

No-one fancy Cambridgeshire????

:cheers:

Hi grumpy

Cambridgeshire ???? A bit flat !

Whilst the B660 is great, mentioned cause theres not much else decent within half hour of me I need an adventure to look forward to!

Roll on the next meet up

Further north would be nice, but then that would be unfair on people coming up from the South, who would have to travel even further. Somewhere with more accomodation would be nice. After my last experience, i'm not camping again, though i will bring the 4x4 and sleep in the flatbed if i have to. :lol:

AAw nell We DID say yuo could have come and shared our tent if you needed a cuddle to warm up! ;)

What's the score with the miners, if we took a big marquee type tent and used their field, but went self service? Would we get booted? Presumably they just hire the field to campers anyway. if we bypass the overpriced food and beer, the camping was ok!

they wont allow a marquee not to mention the price! I looked at one and it was going to be 2K a day to hire one!

Miners is a no go I refuse to go back to that place after all the trouble we have had everything seemed a problem with them

Ok, But for somewhere else? I didn't mean an ACTUAL marquee, but a big old fashioned army type tent? must be able to borrow one from somewhere and can get a bunch of people in one of those!

the only problem with all that is security for the karaoke gear and seating as i dont want to be stood up all night!

we will find a place that can have us :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know this place is a wee bitty north but has everything on site will provide a bar for us if we wish a complete field to ourselves a campsite where nearly all can have an electric hook up (you provide your own leads) has 2 bars on site and has the ability to run a free taxi type service from field to bar (5-10 min walk from rally field)

Will give us a bar for the saturday night sports bar holds 100 + and starlight bar over 200 should we get the numbers ;-)

On site swimming pool, sauna, sunbed thingy, kids and children are welcome decent roads around and plenty to do close by if a bike run not on the cards ie ice cram making factory outside Laserquest and a activity centre close by too it's called auchranie and is in dunfries and galloway

As I said I know it's a bit further north but excellent facilities :-)

Oh they also have chalets and lodges that can be rented for weekend if the peeps are willing to pay for them hold various numbers up to 20 I think will double

I know bumble was just a suggestion is pretty far up but an amazing site they charge per pitch too not number of peeps so you could have a 10 man tent with ten peeps and would cost same as 2 man tent with 1 person :-)

Predictive text is a nightmare lol just noticed all my text changes well anyway here is a link to the site

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=auchen ... ari#mldd=0

Be ideal for a Scottish meet, especially since it's just up the road from me. :thumb:

how about someone putting it up in the Scottish section for a meet over a weekend

Thanks guys for all the suggestions its been a big help

We have already decided on a venue I spoke to a place and instantly decided it was the place for us Susique and Rennie went and checked the place out and its more then ideal so its been booked although the dates are a little earlier this year due to them only having one weekend free!! just shows how popular the venue is!

All will be revealed shortly :D