Only 92 quid for a carbon slip on?? UPDATE - ITS ARRIVED!!!

Joeman

<t>Worth a punt??</t>  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Worth a punt??

• No, dont waste your hard earned cash
    • No, ive bought one, and they are crap
    • Yes, ive got one, and they are good
    • Yes, go for it, take one for the team!

£92 for a carbon slip on ??

Anyone tried these?? Too good to be true??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GP-Carbon-Exh ... 731wt_1398

I doubt its strictly "road legal" but it doesn't look too bad... worth a punt?? Cast your votes!! :)

http://www.dan-moto.com/Ebay/Items/EX-00084/EX00084_2.jpg

Edited by Joeman

having done some reasearch, i would need to cut the bottom of the fairing to make it fit snugly... Its not put me off (i can always buy a used side fairing) but it got me thinking about if i could mount it right underneath where the Cat currently sits. if it tucked right out of the way, the police will struggle (roadside) to inspect it for kite marks :twisted:

having done some reasearch, i would need to cut the bottom of the fairing to make it fit snugly... Its not put me off (i can always buy a used side fairing) but it got me thinking about if i could mount it right underneath where the Cat currently sits. if it tucked right out of the way, the police will struggle (roadside) to inspect it for kite marks :twisted:

Doesn't need a kitemark, i saw this comment in another thread.

They can be assessed at the road side for roadworthiness, and there is more than one way than looking at a kitemark. Decibel meters for example?

Those DanMoto cans are actually not bad quality - couple of mates have fitted them and i have to say for the money i was well impressed!

What bikes did they fit them to? Are they "crazy loud"?

Do you think i would end up waking up the entire neighbourhood everytime i start the engine??

Hi guys, I have actually had two, (bought at separate times to make a dual exhaust set up) they are really good. Welding is really neat and they hold together well. Had mine out in all weathers and no signs of rust or anything really.

If you google danmoto and gsxr1000 there is a race team that tested it against a Leon Vince system and they produce the same power.

Took some abuse from me and stood up well, firstly, I was using a link pipe from a beowulf can and it wouldn't tighten onto the downpipes properly so after a while the can slipped down and was rubbing on the swing arm - ouch, grazed but didnt go through to the packing or crack. Secondly due to the dodgy link pipe I kept taking the can off to adjust and I eventually cut through the rubber on the hanging strap and it scratched parts of the lacquer off.

They sound decent but are very loud though, perfect for me but might be too loud for most people.

The baffles aren't much use but you wouldn't buy this can if you wanted something quiet.

No markings other than a stamped danmoto logo.

I haven't tried any of there other exhausts but wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Unless I could get a decent condition branded exhaust for the same price I would always get danmoto exhausts.

Oh also, some people like to say that the carbon melts - this is absolute bullshit, it barely heats up even after a spirited ride out.

Those DanMoto cans are actually not bad quality - couple of mates have fitted them and i have to say for the money i was well impressed!

What bikes did they fit them to? Are they "crazy loud"?

Do you think i would end up waking up the entire neighbourhood everytime i start the engine??

Yes they are very loud, not ideal if you have neighbours that like complaining.

Hi guys, I have actually had two, (bought at separate times to make a dual exhaust set up) they are really good. Welding is really neat and they hold together well. Had mine out in all weathers and no signs of rust or anything really.

If you google danmoto and gsxr1000 there is a race team that tested it against a Leon Vince system and they produce the same power.

Took some abuse from me and stood up well, firstly, I was using a link pipe from a beowulf can and it wouldn't tighten onto the downpipes properly so after a while the can slipped down and was rubbing on the swing arm - ouch, grazed but didnt go through to the packing or crack. Secondly due to the dodgy link pipe I kept taking the can off to adjust and I eventually cut through the rubber on the hanging strap and it scratched parts of the lacquer off.

They sound decent but are very loud though, perfect for me but might be too loud for most people.

The baffles aren't much use but you wouldn't buy this can if you wanted something quiet.

No markings other than a stamped danmoto logo.

I haven't tried any of there other exhausts but wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Unless I could get a decent condition branded exhaust for the same price I would always get danmoto exhausts.

Oh also, some people like to say that the carbon melts - this is absolute bullshit, it barely heats up even after a spirited ride out.

some great info there :cheers:

makes you wonder why other similar style pipes are over 3x the price?

I think i'll take a punt and buy one. cant hurt, and if its too loud i'll bung it on ebay.

damn that was quick, you are going to love it. Every other exhaust will sound really quiet now you have this beauty :)

yes i was amazed it arrived so fast!

I've also bought a "LASER XTREME SPORTS CAT" from eBay for the bargain price of 20quid, so if the Danmoto can is too loud by its self i'll create some kind of hybrid Laser/Danmoto creation.. something to keep me busy :)

Laser sports cat arrived today. Only paid 20quid for it, but it looks almost brand new!

No scratches on the underside, and doesn't smell like exhaust!

Not sure if i will use it, but bought it as a contingency plan if the DanMoto pipe is too loud..

20120911_193632.jpg

EDIT: Laser Sports Cat Not "Arrow" :)

Edited by Joeman

• 3 weeks later...
Hoping weather in the UK will be good enough when Im back to give it a try finally!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lol, its about 22degrees here, shorts, t-shirt and cold beer weather.. Guessing not the same back home :(

Seen some interesting bikes here and some very serious boats! Cant upload from the phone, but will share some pics when Im home...