buying a car from overseas

borgy95

Yes i dared i posted about buying a car on TMBF!

As part iof my step back from biking im buyign a car... a decent one mind u. A3 quattro sport :)

was hoping to egt some wisdom on securing the trabnsaction when it comes from overseas.

basically its an 09 35k miles for £4k so super bafrgain cos the guy is shipping it from spain and so due to elevated risk / extra diffculty of sale he is having a hard time hence cheapo... he is suggesting using yahoo finance as the broker to hold and secure the trannsaction so we cannot con one-another... anyone have any experiance with this whether doing it with a m/bike, car or other high value good? so i can gte some inside to put my apprehensions at ease...

the guy confirms ill be able to get scans of the logbook service history etc as prrof of existence.

basically its an 09 35k miles for £4k so super bafrgain cos the guy is shipping it from spain and so due to elevated risk / extra diffculty of sale he is having a hard time hence cheapo... he is suggesting using yahoo finance as the broker to hold and secure the trannsaction so we cannot con one-another... anyone have any experiance with this whether doing it with a m/bike, car or other high value good? so i can gte some inside to put my apprehensions at ease...

Is he an armed forces officer?

Sorry but that seems way too cheap for the car!

I'm a bit of an audi nut and its worth atleast double that on a very bad day!

Why would anyone sell a car worth a lot more then what's been asked!

with a little bit of techno wizardry i've found this to be scam... it pays to be a nerd sometimes :D

I've seen plenty of adverts for cars that are similar to this, but two of the biggest givaways are "yahoo finance" and they usually put there email address in the photo of the car.

One of the best ways to check is just to type the email address in to google.

Here is a classic example Click Here

The only thing I don't understand is why Auto Trader (for example) lets this go on?

No offence to anyone here but I cannot believe people still fall for these scams still.

It like you've won the Irish lottery, we'll drop the cheque for €2000000 off if you pay our fees of £5000 in cash or paypoint, I had one bloke who actually quit his job and put a deposit down on a Porsche before the cheque cleared! He admitted he did wonder hoe he won the irish lottery as he had never entered it! How thick can you get?

If its too good to be true it's most likely not true!

There has been a red volkswagon transporter being sold by a Scottish army officer thats a scam going round on ebay. It seems to appear every so often and people seem to still fall for it. Its always worth checking on google, this person was offering the same kind of finance options and it was dirt cheap as they were 'heading back to afghanistan'

You can get flights over there really cheap with easy jet,

But with the millitary views you get different nations like usa/uk based in other countries and they purchase cars over there till their duty has ended.

The ONLY car i will get is a r34 and quite a few american soldier in japan sell them