Fozzie

<t>What Project?</t>  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What Project?

• Streetfighter
    • Cafe Racer
    • Race Replica
    • Hypermoto

I have in mind something like a Norton CAfe Racer in black and chrome or gold and black :)

Being that Nortons are so expensive I may choose something like a CB400N as a base as it has the right sort of frame then make most of the rest or adapt from other bikes.

another possible is a theme bike as you mentioned the Batman logo you could make not a Race REP but a Film Rep like a Batman bike or Mad Max for example 8-)

Your getting me all fired up now Fozzie ......... I am getting the urge to do one !"!!!"

• 3 weeks later...
I have in mind something like a Norton CAfe Racer in black and chrome or gold and black :)

Being that Nortons are so expensive I may choose something like a CB400N as a base as it has the right sort of frame then make most of the rest or adapt from other bikes.

another possible is a theme bike as you mentioned the Batman logo you could make not a Race REP but a Film Rep like a Batman bike or Mad Max for example 8-)

Your getting me all fired up now Fozzie ......... I am getting the urge to do one !"!!!"

I like you're thinking, maybe build a "tumbler" (the bat car for those wondering) themed bike. I would need a Hornet or similar, BMW lights (square and round bulb), then I'd need to redesign and build fairings out of aluminium I suspect to give it that chunky, strong look the car in the movie has.

It may be one for the future! :)

I am currently looking at a couple of these:

http://www.hawkland.de/beatty/mpbh2.jpg

I think that would be a good basis for a cafe racer or whatever I wanted. It's a simple steel framed, reliable engine and it has a single sided swingarm. The senior engineer I work for reckons it has massive potential so glad I may have made a good choice.

What do you guys think?

Cafe racer. Everyone always seems to streetfighter their bikes. Be nice to see something a bit different. :lol:

Depends on your version of a streetfighter.... a bandit with some stuck on bits from banditmania is not a streetfighter!

The whole point of streetfighters is that they ARE different, people generalise fighters and that completely misses the point!

I for example have a Yam FZ6 sat in the garage with a Duke Monster rear end - There is not another documented bike ANYWHERE that has my setup, so its 100% different!

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: May actually keep up with you and the time its taken to fix your bikes fuelling problem at that rate :up:

I will try not to be like that, I want it up and running inside a month of getting it. Then I begin the strip to modify it's looks etc :)

I see the votes for streetfighter and cafe racer have come out evenly... :o

Spose I'll have to do both :twisted:

Cafe racers were fashionable last year. Dunno if it will continue into this year. Streetfighters are more comfortable to ride and you are only restricted by your imagination and bank balance, not fashion. :mrgreen:

:lol: May actually keep up with you and the time its taken to fix your bikes fuelling problem at that rate :up:

:crybaby: too mean!!! :crybaby:

:mrgreen: You know I'm joking...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/34607433.jpg

Cafe racers were fashionable last year. Dunno if it will continue into this year. Streetfighters are more comfortable to ride and you are only restricted by your imagination and bank balance, not fashion. :mrgreen:

They seem to still be growing in popularity however I think it was movies like the girl with the dragon tattoo and other items popular in our culture at the moment. Ive definately seen a big increase in the amount of girls and boys riding shabby, naked cafe style bikes :lol:

I'm starting with the FZR as a fighter, I've told the owner to give me time to get my money together and its all mine :D

I will FINALLY have a second bike to work on. And no one to bitch about it :lol: