Uk Challenge 2013 Discussion Thread

TC

Back home after my tour of Wales.... but didn't get all the tags due to the weather...... :roll:

Things to note.....just about every road in Wales has roadworks on it at the moment......and there can't be more than 100 miles of road in the whole of Wales that doesn't have a 30 or 40mph restriction on it......if there's a house anywhere in sight there's a 30mph restriction......and where there isn't restrictions there's speed camera vans.....just as well I wasn't in any kind of hurry..... :roll:

Some seriously stunning scenery though...... 8-)

And I recommend Sunray Guest House in Barmouth for quality accomodation if anyone else is heading that way....and Barmouth itself is a nice little place...... 8-)

A good few days over there though......and a few tags left to do....so a good excuse to go back..... :wink:

Well done mate, taking the lead ;-) wish i could 5 days of riding :-)

Cheers mate......but technically only 4 days of riding as day 3 was drying my kit out..... :wink: Had the week booked off....and Bonniebird took her son to Florida....so rather than sit at home for the week I thought I'd head off for a tour..... 8-) Just got best part of the day now to clean the bike and kit....and dry the tent......happy days..... 8-)

Dalwhinney Distillery, Balmoral, Glenshee and the big hedge done. There is no way to get to the castle even if you pay on a bike, so the nice chap at the gate moved the sign so I could get a photo with it. He did not get my humour when I asked if the queen was about to hold my number in the photo. The layby with the sign for the Meikleour hedge is next to the narrow bridge with traffic lights.

I was really lucky with the weather with just a spot of rain at Glenshee. All the roads are great, the best new one to me being the A86 from where I camped at Roy Bridge to the Dalwhinney Distillery.

the hedge tag - is it Blairgowie Hedge?

Yes mate i think thats what they call it.

Its just south of Blairgowrie on the A93

Throttled I've sorted out the North West badge for you, but its too big to post atm and i'm thick with computers so struggling with it.

I will get it sorted soon Honest Gov'ner.

Tango looks like you had a good trip around Wales apart from the weather. I'm off down to Tenby on Thursday so should kick off my tagging season.

Throttled I've sorted out the North West badge for you, but its too big to post atm and i'm thick with computers so struggling with it.

I will get it sorted soon Honest Gov'ner.

Thankyou. I will also be needing a Scotland one as tomorrow (Monday 10th) I set off for two days one night to finish off Scotland. I am also going to make a start of the North East and have included the Angel of the North and Alston in the route. With the good weather continuing and my wife having her plans on Monday cancelled I am just going to go for it.

I have removed my own made up North West completed to make space :cheers:

T.C......oi done da midlands! :lol:

I'm so crap with computers :cry:

I've got all the award pictures done and ready................But they are all too big :evil:

Trust me i will get it sorted or send them to Stu for help.

Hope you're all enjoying it.

I did a few on the way to and Tenby, the road to Talley castle was brilliant and as others have said Wales is full of road works and speed ristrictions.

its nice to see more ppl actually goin for it!

to Throttled and Priest..............i,m interested to see who does most( i hav an inkling :wink: )

i'll head for wales a bit more now, must be a bit more organised, bit stoopid doing 230 mls just for rhayader clock!( no it wasnt!, funtastic roads) 8-)

I bet on Priest. I have just done Alston and an advisary. It is a steep cobbled road and a bugger in the wet. Be careful. I did a couple of passes and fhe stopped in gear and let the bike stall as the side stand went down. Then a dodgy hill start.

The road here over the moor is brilliant. Next stop the Devils Porridge.

That is Scotland done, plus the two from the North East and I am 10 points in front of Priest. Thats me for this years challenge, so its catch up for the rest of you! My next holiday is away with the family and the other challenges are too far to do in just a couple of days.

Still, chuffed with Scotland for the second year in a row and doing the North West. Haydon Bridge to Alston and back up to Brampton was a great run, so thanks to whoever suggested that. I had always wanted to see the Angel of The North, so took some other photos of it without a bike

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5344/9014335225_6d6cc86ced_c.jpg

So that was 2250 miles give or take a few, 13 days travel, two B&Bs and five nights camping in total. :cheers:

no, this cannot be rue, i am sure you find a way to get some extra points :-)

I doubt it as the nearest tag I have not done is a 326 mile round trip, so I cannot see me nipping out to knock off any more to boost the total.

Let me know if you are heading up to Scotland though :D

I'm not done yet!

But I doubt I'll be doing Scotland :wink:

You should have booked the Rally Throttled - Could have got quite a few more Tags on that run.

I do admire the effort Priest has put in (and Throttled for Scotland twice in a row) - Others are also finding out that its a great way to see new sights and enjoy new roads (as well as meeting fellow bikers of all types on all sorts of bikes).

Don't think I'll get 'second' this year but - Summer has only just started!

8-)

You should have booked the Rally Throttled - Could have got quite a few more Tags on that run.

Everyone not going to the rally/can't get the time off need to be off sick that weekend!!!!

One day the rally will time with my days off, but not this year......again :(

One day the rally will time with my days off, but not this year......again :(

we always put a thread up for a list of dates to have your vote!!