BMF Show Peterborough 17-19 May 2013

Tango

Just putting this date up here for all that may be interested.

BMF Show at Peterborough Showground Friday 17th to Sunday 19th May 2013.

Not sure what we are doing yet as the Tailender was a bit of a disappointment....but we normally camp on the Friday & Saturday nights so we can make full use of the beer and entertainment.

If anyone is going and wants to arrange a meetup then stick it on here...... :cheers:

Anyone who is new to biking and hasn't heard of this event.....it's probably one of the best places to get cheap bike gear there is....plus bikey entertainment and live bands and beer in the evenings if you stay..... 8-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Will consider camping as hubby may have done his CBT by then, but I'll defo go at least 1 day. I went on Sun last yr 1 month after passing CBT, bought a sh*t tonne VERY cheap: armoured jacket & trousers, awesome saddle bags, tool roll, 2nd hand boots - all came to £105, and a helmet £115. Highly recommend!

• 1 month later...

i'll be there with adam (ninja84) not sure what day but probably the saturday.

shall we all meet up and have a pimms in the sunshine? might be a chance for those who have not made the rutland meets or the annual TMBF rally to meet fellow members.

benn. 170 miles isnt far on a bike. not even for a 125 as you can still do motorway speeds. just bare in mind that if you do what a lot of folks do and buy leathers, helmets, water proofs and boots then youll look like a sherpa on the ride home :D

benn. 170 miles isnt far on a bike. not even for a 125 as you can still do motorway speeds. just bare in mind that if you do what a lot of folks do and buy leathers, helmets, water proofs and boots then youll look like a sherpa on the ride home :D

I think I'll pop up for a day then. I want to buy some soft panniers and some new gloves and a warmer jacket, so I'll just bring a massive camping rucksack. Thanks for the advice :)

I think I'll pop up for a day then. I want to buy some soft panniers and some new gloves and a warmer jacket, so I'll just bring a massive camping rucksack. Thanks for the advice :)

or just fit the panniers and stick any stuff in them :D

• 2 weeks later...

I got a shed load of gear last year, I can't wait to go again! So what's the day most people can go? I went Sun last yr and got good deals as it was the last day, but don't really mind too much whether we go Sat or Sun. And yay, Ollie can come this time as he wasn't biking back then :mrgreen:

Just notice the dates of this as Nman asked if we was going

I will be in germany on the bike at those dates :mrgreen:

but I dont go to these as they have all gone down hill

I think most of the guys tend to head there for the Sunday Moo.....but I think we'll be camping again (hopefully)....so we'll be there both days...... 8-)

Coolios, we will likely head down for Sunday too.

Stu - EAB Steve says the same, and entry fee is pretty expensive tbh, but Moo was chuffed with bargains last yr so money well spent for me :angel12: . Tho I'm sure in a few years when we have most of the kit we want will be less interested!

Stu - EAB Steve says the same, and entry fee is pretty expensive tbh, but Moo was chuffed with bargains last yr so money well spent for me :angel12: . Tho I'm sure in a few years when we have most of the kit we want will be less interested![/color]

yeah they are good if you are after some bargains and come away with them

I got my helmet from the NEC show a few years ago it cost me £250 4 years ago and up to last year they was still £380 in the shop!! plus bought a few other things too so was worth the trip

• 3 weeks later...

Next Weekend folks....... :wink:

Was looking at the website yesterday for ticket prices......camping for the weekend is £42 each......but if you buy in advance it's £36......but then there's a £3 booking fee each.....so booking in advance will save the princely sum of £3 each.......and you run the risk that you're committed to go even if the weather is sh1t......hmmmm....not much incentive there I think..... :roll:

Anyway....we plan to go and camp as we're mad like that......and shake the tent down ready for the Forum rally...... :wink:

tango, me and ohjay will be camping, heading down sometime friday..what time are you planning on getting there?

Hi Cat......I'm working on Friday....but I think Mandy is gonna be off.....so I'll cruise in some time in the evening to find the tent pitched and cold beer ready..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though....Mandy is gonna get lumbered with getting the tent up there and pitching it if I can't get away from work early enough......I'll get Mandy to let you know what time she's planning on getting up there..... 8-)

Bah, it's not all as simple as I'd have hoped. I can't bike there - I keep panicking and having to pull over in Cambridge, let alone an arse-about-face long ride to Peterborough and back (can't do M roads) with whatever we buy. SO we'd have to get the train...£20 return, then a 15min cab journey from Peterborough station to Peterborough Arena (£15 at least cab), £25 to get in...I'm not sure if the travelling, time and expense is gonna be worth Wallie and I going. I've got an exam which I need to pass for work (gets me a pay rise & more responsibilities) in less than a few weeks too.

Humph. Not sure what we'll do...looking unlikely sadly. Loved it last year, couldn't recommend it enough :( would've loved to see you all there too!