Spider Oil!

BikerMooFromMars

So I'm being good and reading my Haynes into changing bike oil, and, not being anywhere near town to buy the stuff, I'm looking on Amazon. Which seems to recommend....SPIDER OIL?!?!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/SpiderOil_zpsb2143cbc.jpg

Hahahaha! Thought you all might enjoy that. On a serious note, any recommendations for which motorbike oil I should get or anything ok? :mrgreen: Cheers

Cool, cheers. I mainly did this post for the amusement of Spider Oil!

I will prob go for this: 1L = waaay less postage costs! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Castrol-15042E-Power-4T-10W-30/dp/B0064YM5PO/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1361662517&sr=1-2.

Was looking at L plates on eBay too and it came up with hen party accessories! :lol:

I only have 125cc so prob won't ned 10/40 from what I'm reading? Didn't realise how important changing oil is til reading Haynes: "Consistent routine oil changes are the single most important maintenance procedure you can perform...*etc etc*"

10/40 is the grade of oil lou not the amount of oil you need an i would of thought you needed more than one litre as well check in the maintanence section of the manual for the oil requirements

:stupid: not enough or to much = problems - big problems, check twice do it once

from checking google 1 litre is correct , either 10/40 or 15/40 will do.

changing oil is pretty important, my service book recommends every 5000 miles though I do mine a little more often :)

as its only a 125 my bike only take 2 litres of oil so cost isnt really an issue like the bigger bikes. Its a good idea to change your oil filter at the same time, you dont have to but you might as well while your down there.

I would say change your oil every 6 months as a guide, and dont get caught up in the fully synth, semi, dino, car or bike specific, 0 weight arguments, just stick some fresh oil in and ride it! ( when your leg allows :oops: )

I'm pretty sure that one of the more experienced members will chime in and give you better, more detailed and probably more correct advice but that is mine :mrgreen:

10/40 is the grade of oil lou not the amount of oil you need an i would of thought you needed more than one litre as well check in the maintanence section of the manual for the oil requirements

I didn't think it was the amount, it just looked like 10/40 was for much faster bikes from what I read in the descriptions :mrgreen:

I didn't think it was the amount, it just looked like 10/40 was for much faster bikes from what I read in the descriptions :mrgreen:

You tell him Lou..... :lol:

You tell him Lou..... :lol:

I was just clarifying that I wasn't being as dozey as usual!

I would say change your oil every 6 months as a guide, and dont get caught up in the fully synth, semi, dino, car or bike specific, 0 weight arguments, just stick some fresh oil in and ride it! ( when your leg allows :oops: )

I'm pretty sure that one of the more experienced members will chime in and give you better, more detailed and probably more correct advice but that is mine :mrgreen:

I am safe to ride now, just gotta get the strength back in my leg, I have to kinda lift it over with my hand to get on hahaha! I saw the consultant for the first time since my surgery last week, and it turns out I have a large tear in my ligament, not a complete tear like they thought they saw on the MRI. So no second op for moo, and full recovery in 6-12 months *boo yah*!!

I think the oil was changed when I got the bike 6 months ago, but will be sorting that out next weekend for sure (if it's not sowing or bitterly cold - damn weather!!)

though I'm not sure how long the spider oil will last :mrgreen:

Cobweb free engine?? Must be good stuff - surely?!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/cobwebbikecropped_zps28de8877.jpg

This guy really shoulda invested in some :lol:

though I'm not sure how long the spider oil will last :mrgreen:

Cobweb free engine?? Must be good stuff - surely?!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/cobwebbikecropped_zps28de8877.jpg

This guy really shoulda invested in some :lol:

I need some as that picture is just me waiting for my girlfriend to kit up in a morning :lol:

Your 125 only takes like a litre of oil. I would just go to halfords and go to the help desk. Just say you need 10W 40 fully synthetic oil for your bike. I generally used that in a 125 and it worked well.

Take it your leg is feeling better and the itch to get on the bike is back? :wink:

I need some as that picture is just me waiting for my girlfriend to kit up in a morning :lol:

Your 125 only takes like a litre of oil. I would just go to halfords and go to the help desk. Just say you need 10W 40 fully synthetic oil for your bike. I generally used that in a 125 and it worked well.

Take it your leg is feeling better and the itch to get on the bike is back? :wink:

The itch needs scratching! Yep, I'm hobbling with 1 or no crutches these days! Gonna take a while to get the muscle back, but apparently since seeing consultant surgeon after op, part of my ligament is in fact still in tact! (poetry!). Just gotta hope it doesn't snap some day *GROSS*! But I should make a full recovery! Gotta love some unexpected ridiculously good news, eh??

I went ahead and bought 4 litres on Amazon last night http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AFE8BS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 :mrgreen:

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

10-40w Oil will be perfectly fine..

Some, and i mean Some engines can be funny about which oils are used.

Alot of people just stick car oil in their bikes, but some engines it can cause clutch slipping issues, and has been known to mess up the clutch on their bike. due to wet clutches, and car are dry clutch systems..

So, for safe side, id always recommend going for full on motorcycle oil..

Semi-Synthetic does me just fine, never had a problem with it..

And Castrol all the way. love the stuff. :D

Too late now, shes bought 4 litres of car oil :lol:

Should be alright in a 125 I should have thought. Its not anywhere as hot or fast running as a sports bikes so hopefully it is all good.

Ahh part of the ligament survived. Now be really careful, my dad had the same situation but took out the rest of it when he put his bike on the side stand :shock:

And if they offer an op to fix it properly take it as it makes a good difference when you get older!

that oil is perfectly fine, its the same I use in mine and i'm pretty sure Stu uses it too and he knows a hell of a lot more than me :D

Some car oils have friction modifiers which affects a bikes clutch, I will stress though that its some not all.