R.I.P Woolwich soldier.

Zod

I'm sure the majority of you are aware of what's happened today in Woolwich. How could anyone do such a thing and then brag about it on camera saying "This sort of thing happens in my country all the time" which leads me to think that so, it's alright for it to happen in their country so they come here and so the same thing? Pfft.

I hope this is a wake up call to that coward in no 10.

R.I.P

I feel sorry for the lad who died. Great courage shown from some people who confronted the men, especially the lady that went over to comfort the dying lad.

Hopefully some justice is brought, it is sick and savage but that is the way things are moving now, unfortunately. RIP and my thoughts are with his family and loved ones.

our thoughts and payers are with his family and friends.

perhaps No 10 will come back into the real world and do something to stop this happening again.

Hopefully though knowing then they'll invent a reason to worm themselves out of it like they normally do. If I were Cameron right now I would be thinking of booting everyone of them idiots out of the country on a first class flight back to where they came from. If they think they can come here, live among us as apparent innocents and try to get away with murder or terrorist activities then they shouldn't be here in the first place. It just shows what a push over our government is.

Them two men should be forced into a room where a number of guards armed with knives, swords and machete's execute them in the very same way they killed that soldier.

I'm sure the majority of you are aware of what's happened today in Woolwich. How could anyone do such a thing and then brag about it on camera saying "This sort of thing happens in my country all the time" which leads me to think that so, it's alright for it to happen in their country so they come here and so the same thing? Pfft.

I hope this is a wake up call to that coward in no 10.

R.I.P

did you not notice how english his accent was, you will probably find the idiot has never been to 'his country' and what country is he talking about? who is he saying does this crime over there?

they are extremists, not religious people, they are murderers, thats all using the cloak of religion as their excuse. its not the governments fault either, you can not hold cameron responsible, as this is an english man (as far as i know) who has been here since birth. the law now needs to take action and its the judge that sits on this case that needs to be strong. the judge is the one who decides on the sentence.

RIP to the man who died needlessly and mental hugs out to his family.

Agreed Bex the soldier from info received was killed when the car hit him then was dragged to street and attacked it was a cowardly attack which gave the soldier no chance to defend himself, the perpetrator on video had a English accent and early reports state was never been out the country. This is to be the new style of attack we are going to see from home grown extremists who are able to stay below the security forces radar.

I wonder if it was someone else being attacked in that way and he was walking past would he have stood back and filmed it ??

This is not what 99.9% of the uk religious parties want or believe should happen but the 0.01% of extremists, question is what can we do to the home grown extremist who we have no knowledge of until it happens, look at the Boston marathon bombers two brothers who where below radar as no electronic coin ovations were used.

Terrorists and extremists have now gone low tech it avoids a lot of the uk's surveillance and security measures the issue has come from the uk's insistence on positive discrimination against its own.

I am in no way being racist but this now has to stop, it's time to begin dealing with these people in a way that protects the uk and its citizens

Sorry for the rant

Them two men should be forced into a room where a number of guards armed with knives, swords and machete's execute them in the very same way they killed that soldier.

Without checking I'm pretty sure you were against the death penalty in a recent thread.

Extremists need outing by their own community, they need to be seen to do more than just condemn acts after the fact, people of any race /religion that can be deported need kicking out asap.

RIP

Without checking I'm pretty sure you were against the death penalty in a recent thread.

I was going to say that.

It's terrible that this happened. Some people are animals.

Sickening.

I can't help but imagine my feelings as if they'd done it to one of my own loved ones. And the fact this mans family will be right now dealing with the fact that their son/brother/dad has been hacked to pieces by a pair of utter scumbags in front of hundreds of people on a london street. I can't comprehend the grief.

Really truly feel for the family right now.

It's terrible what's happened and my thoughts go out to the family of the soldier..

Here's my two penny's

Woolwich barracks was the old Royal Artillery HQ, I know it's now inhabited by the kings troop royal horse artillery (ceremonial duties, not an actual combat battalion) and the soldier killed has been named as a drummer, he won't have seen a tour or killed anyone.

I'm currently waiting out a 12 month medical deferral for a broken bone, I had an intake date available and when the bone is healed (fully) I will be able to bypass the army selection, and take up from where I left off, as ADSC selection grade lasts 2 years.

My brother in law is a signaller, my best friend is in 2 lancs and currently deployed in Afghanistan, as much as they aren't fighting for a country where things like this can happen, they most definatley aren't fighting for some of the racist imbeciles that seem to have taken this as an opportunity to vent their venom towards Muslims across social networking sites over the past 30 or so hours.

The murderer who was ranting on the footage broadcast on the news, used the term 'women have to see this in our countries' followed by 'bring our troops home' he was British through and through.

I am not, and I speak for my aforementioned friends and family here, joining up and fighting for this country or for David Cameron, or Tony Blair.

I am joining the army because the military offers a great career with amazing prospects, lots of financial benifits, a chance to travel and see the world and a chance to make a bunch of friends that will become like brothers, I know how my friend in the duke of Lancasters regiment speaks of his friends he has made. I guarantee you that's the only thing he cares about over there, none of this crap. Keeping himself and his friends safe.

He is fighting in a situation where he can't actively engage the enemy, they can only be enagaged when they are fired upon. I've seen both extremes of the argument over the past few days, and our lads aren't slaughtering afghani nationals (it's a counter insurgency, we aren't even at war with Afghanistan, we are fighting the Taliban and trying to remove them from Afghanistan) and the actions of two idiotic British nationals, albeit with a few jihadist statements thrown in should not instigate religious hatred. Islam is a peaceful religion by principle and anyone claiming slaughter in the name of Allah is dillusional and acting in the name of a religion they aren't following the ideals to.

I don't mean to patronise anyone on here, I know your all intelligent individuals, I just feel like venting about the idiotic EDL and mosque attacks in retaliation. I have deleted several people I held in reasonable regard, and considered to be intelligent people since this has happened for their racist and bigoted remarks.

May I finish by saying no good ever came from a sentence started 'I'm not racist, but.....'

Although I understand the sentiment, you need to realise that if anything out the ordinary is done to these men then they will beco9me martyrs to their cause.

They will be much better locked up for life and forgotten about...

Although I understand the sentiment, you need to realise that if anything out the ordinary is done to these men then they will beco9me martyrs to their cause.

They will be much better locked up for life and forgotten about...

If you take that view you'd never strike back at any terrorists. Over time the Israelis took out virtually everyone involved in the Munich massacre, only their own families remember their names.

it is truly shocking tbh. even more shocking to hear that it happened not 200 yards away from his barracks, if it happened right outside then there could have been a chance of the soldier surviving the attack...maybe.

today i read the paper and saw the pictures of what happened and i also watch the news. fyi he wasn't just a drummer he was also a gunner and was deployed in afghan not long ago according to the news reports.

those two evil people were apparently known to the security forces...

i hope them two rot in hell for what they have done, my thoughts are with the soldiers family. R.I.P

Firstly RIP to the soldier who died, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

It was a terrible thing and shouldn't happen in this or any other country!

Now onto the contentious stuff.

In my eyes they are not terrorists, they are murderers plain and simple.

No different from the cop killers from Manchester or Newcastle recently.

Their desire to hide behind a religion and try to make themselves into some

sort of martyrs is probably as abhorent to people of their own faith as it is to you and me.

The behaviour of the EDL is also abhorent to me!

I am English, I am British and I'm proud of both!

I am an ex Soldier and I support Help for Heroes.

If I can not stand up and say that without fear of accusations of racism, bigotry etc. Then the

extremists have won!

This is a world wide problem and needs to be dealt with quickly and firmly but without knee-jerk reactions.

Firstly RIP to the soldier who died, my thoughts are with his family and friends.

It was a terrible thing and shouldn't happen in this or any other country!

Now onto the contentious stuff.

In my eyes they are not terrorists, they are murderers plain and simple.

No different from the cop killers from Manchester or Newcastle recently.

Their desire to hide behind a religion and try to make themselves into some

sort of martyrs is probably as abhorent to people of their own faith as it is to you and me.

The behaviour of the EDL is also abhorent to me!

I am English, I am British and I'm proud of both!

I am an ex Soldier and I support Help for Heroes.

If I can not stand up and say that without fear of accusations of racism, bigotry etc. Then the

extremists have won!

This is a world wide problem and needs to be dealt with quickly and firmly but without knee-jerk reactions.

Well said. My heart goes out first and foremost to the Woolwich victim and his family & friends. Also the bystanders and the innocent, lovely Muslim people who do not deserve the appalling tarring-with-the-same-brush.

@ Bex - My bad I hadn't watched the video footage until this afternoon. And no, Cameron cannot be held responsible though I will say it again. I hope this is a wake up call.

@ Techno & Benn - Yeah? The murder of a kid and a soldier are two completely different things, I am not against the death pentalty as I think that depending on the nature of the case the death penalty is/isn't necessary. You can go back to that thread and re-read what I said all you like, my mind changes all the time. So yeah, you might think I'm a double headed twat and guess what? You'd be right :)

Stick the scum on a plane over the Atlantic and give the pilot a parachute. Simple, forgotten, along with their fanatical beliefs. And do the same to any individual that dares to condone the act.

RIP Sir, my thoughts are with your relatives, friends and especially your wife and young son who will grow up without his biological father.

Simply put, these men were not terrorists or Muslims, they were murderers.

We don't issue capital punishment in this country and havn't for 50 years. I'm proud of that fact, because it admits that human beings are fallible creatures and are prone to mistakes. I'd hate to know that i was a part of a group of people that convicted someone which ultimately lead to their death. Therefore, I am opposed to capital punishment.

Why is it the first reaction of the UK police when a British soldier is brutally murdered in broad daylight, is not kicking in the doors of known muslim trouble makers all over the country. It's harassing people like the EDL (who haven't murdered anyone afaik) and launching a massive Mosque protection plan.

It's the double standards I don't understand.

Because the EDL will give innocent Muslims a good kicking and destroy mosques. last thing we want is a riot based on one small subsection of society who think it's ok to bash all Muslims because of two idiots who murder someone in the name of Islam.

I'm not a big fan of EDL.

Simply put, these men were not terrorists or Muslims, they were murderers.

We don't issue capital punishment in this country and havn't for 50 years. I'm proud of that fact, because it admits that human beings are fallible creatures and are prone to mistakes. I'd hate to know that i was a part of a group of people that convicted someone which ultimately lead to their death. Therefore, I am opposed to capital punishment.

This. Squared.

Will they? I've not really seen much evidence of the EDL doing such things, usually it's them getting attacked when they set up a demo anywhere.

There's lot of nonsense in the media about the EDL, what they do and what they stand for. They generally appear far better behaved than the people who behead in the name of Islam do they not?

All the EDL are is football hooligans and nothing more. They claim to stand their ground and protect their identities, I say they don't. They can run around protesting or doing their demos as much as they like yet all they are is puffs, puffs who would rather smash the skulls of innocent muslims all because they apparently harmed or offended them in some way.

The EDL don't fight for anything but themselves. As it's the same with the WDL or the SDL.

They are nothing more than kids with short tempers tbh...

Oh, and I know them two murderous scum bags are far from innocent. My statement was about those muslims who are innocent.

All the EDL have got across to me personally is that there is a growing and increasingly hostile element of radical Islam in this country, an element that has been up to now shown little concern by the police and the media for fear of being branded 'racist' - even though Islam isn't confined to any one race in particular.

Just because some EDL are a bit dim doesn't mean that they are all "football hooligans", no matter how much the likes of the BBC try to brainwash.