Nob of the Day.......

Tango

[attachment=0]Nearly.JPG[/attachment]

So.... nothing worse than heading round a corner and having the car coming towards you overtaking a push bike and being fully on your side of the road.

Certainly got my heart racing. Was so close.

It has happened to me on a straight the van coming the other way over took 2 pushbikes. Once I was balanced on the edge of the road I raised my right arm to signal to the van driver.

We where close enough that his natural reaction was to duck.... Prick no excuse on a straight road.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Pic ... 8a4ac336bd

NOTD goes to the f**king dickhead student who decided to nonchalantly cross the road, diagonally, 5 feet away from a damn zebra crossing - and had the nerve to hold his hand up to me to make me stop (while he continued to slouch unhurriedly across the road).

NOTD goes to the f**king dickhead student who decided to nonchalantly cross the road, diagonally, 5 feet away from a damn zebra crossing - and had the nerve to hold his hand up to me to make me stop (while he continued to slouch unhurriedly across the road).

Have you managed to get all the blood off your bike yet?

:mrgreen:

Lol! I shook my head at him with a great deal of English reserve. That told him.

Lol! I shook my head at him with a great deal of English reserve. That told him.

*sips tea*

Quite..

• 2 weeks later...

The Nob who reversed into my car outside the house overnight.

Company car so insurance isn't a problem but has really screwed my weekend plans.

Naturally didn't leave details either. NOB.

Be aware - This could be linked back to your next personal car/bike insurance renewal. seriously - we have had this happen at work, A company car got damaged and when the guy went to renew his own car, his insurer advised that they had a 'no-fault' accident registered against him!

:?

Ah, so they can track that but not my no claims? Sneaky bast*rds as always.

my company self insure. No idea what impact what that will have.

This is the second time someone has hit one of my company cars, but they never have the decency to do enough to write it off so I can order a shiny new one!

I think we may have a winner for today. Waiting in traffic (single lane entry I am in the middle of the lane) to a mini roundabout. The car in front moves about 2 inches so I stay still. I spy in my mirrors the doofus in the peugeot behind me creeping forward. I knock the bike into neutral because sure enough he just carries on going bumping into my rear wheel. :evil:

Rude gestures from me. Apologetic waving from him. He's lucky it was chucking it down or I may have been inclined to get off and have a discussion about how he did not see or hear the big green bike that had been in front of him for several minutes. He thankfully kept his distance after that so fingers crossed he doesn't hit anyone else.

I think we may have a winner for today. Waiting in traffic (single lane entry I am in the middle of the lane) to a mini roundabout. The car in front moves about 2 inches so I stay still. I spy in my mirrors the doofus in the peugeot behind me creeping forward. I knock the bike into neutral because sure enough he just carries on going bumping into my rear wheel. :evil:

Rude gestures from me. Apologetic waving from him. He's lucky it was chucking it down or I may have been inclined to get off and have a discussion about how he did not see or hear the big green bike that had been in front of him for several minutes. He thankfully kept his distance after that so fingers crossed he doesn't hit anyone else.

Wow... that is just a whole other level of prat!!

Mine was the nob in his (souped? Riced? pasta'd?) subaru, Massive exhaust loud enough to put Phil to shame :thumb: Cut me up on my way out of ipswich and generally driving like a nob. Approach next set of lights and without much hassle blast off and see him in my mirror desperate to keep up. Must have been his ego weighing him down ;)

The last three years have been a complicated process of rebranding all three major business units within the Ede & Ravenscroft group. Now it's finally over-ish and all future material can be produced in line with the new branding, we (that is to say, I) have to do an audit on any legacy material that still may be in use. I say an audit, it's more like chemotherapy, because the old branding has spread like a ruddy cancer. There are so many little departments that have spent decades circulating their own self-generated collateral and plastering our brand identity across documents that really could have just stayed as plain black and white text, and the lazy gits in the previous marketing team just turned a blind eye. So now I have three warehouses (soon to be four) and four servers to search for any trace of the old logo, colours, contact details, etc etc. And as if that wasn't bad enough, today I encountered the biggest affront to our logo that I have ever seen... whoever created this abomination is my NOTD. Now I have to find how many places they actually used it... :roll:

Left - their logo

Right - what our full logo should actually look like

Logos.jpg.95855193e4f5a798dc03f5f4f923bef7.jpg

Edit: As a side note, the third royal warrant on their version of the logo is that of the Queen Mother. No prizes for guessing why that being there is a problem.

The last three years have been a complicated process of rebranding all three major business units within the Ede & Ravenscroft group. Now it's finally over-ish and all future material can be produced in line with the new branding, we (that is to say, I) have to do an audit on any legacy material that still may be in use. I say an audit, it's more like chemotherapy, because the old branding has spread like a ruddy cancer. There are so many little departments that have spent decades circulating their own self-generated collateral and plastering our brand identity across documents that really could have just stayed as plain black and white text, and the lazy gits in the previous marketing team just turned a blind eye. So now I have three warehouses (soon to be four) and four servers to search for any trace of the old logo, colours, contact details, etc etc. And as if that wasn't bad enough, today I encountered the biggest affront to our logo that I have ever seen... whoever created this abomination is my NOTD. Now I have to find how many places they actually used it... :roll:

Left - their logo

that [/i]being there is a problem.[/size]

I was asked to build a website once. I asked for their branding document. They said they didn't have one and that i was free to place their logo as i saw fit. so i placed it in a spaced manner on the banner. When i delivered their website to them, they stated that they couldn't have the logo less than 30 px from any other words, logos or images. When i asked them how they knew this, they stated it was in their corporate branding document. The same one i'd requested 2 weeks earlier. Cue lots of swearing and a re design of the page.

Left - their logo

that [/i]being there is a problem.[/size]

There's a Web service called tin eye. Might help you track down all those logos!

Also, presumably your company has a NAS drive somewhere with all of your corporate ms word template files on it?

My nomination is 'another' complete idiot riding his pushbike on the wrong side of the road coming towards me!! This happens all the time, at least once a day round here in boston and i can only put it down to half asleep or brain dead foriegners that just dont realise we drive on the left. No offence to anyone foreign btw, we do have a very high number of eastern europeans round here, they even pull out from side roads onto the wrong side of the road

There's a Web service called tin eye. Might help you track down all those logos!

Also, presumably your company has a NAS drive somewhere with all of your corporate ms word template files on it?

I've encountered TinEye before, very handy way of checking if your photographs are being used without your permission! :thumb: Regrettably though, most of the stuff that I have to hunt down consists of logos embedded in PDF files, Word documents, the odd spreadsheet, and god knows what else. Got to get the in-house clearup done before I start thinking about checking if any of our clients are using our old logo anywhere... And irritatingly, once again it's usually contained in PDF document that we supplied them with, rather than in an image format that a reverse image search like TinEye or Google will be able to find :roll:

On the second front - that would be so very very nice :lol: Maybe if the old marketing team had done their job. As it is, instead I have to locate every one of these things and create such a central location, and then afterwards speak to the heads of each department about maybe just maybe NOT to go around creating their own stuff and squireling it away in bizarre locations any more thanks very much.

I was in East London this morning and heading back to the car after having my breakfast, a young woman came out of a building ahead of me and casually dropped her empty yoghurt pot onto the pavement. Funnily enough, a local wino saw her and made her pick it up and put it into a bin.... :lol: Says something when the wino cares more about his neighbourhood than this young woman!! The look the wino gave me whilst he was berating her made me chuckle though.... :lol:

My NOTD is whichever crapturd at Adobe decided to make it impossible to batch convert PSD files to PNG format while maintaining transparency without adding "copy" to the end of every single file name :evil: I now have to go through and manually remove it from 165 files. Cheers Adobe.

My NOTD is whichever crapturd at Adobe decided to make it impossible to batch convert PSD files to PNG format while maintaining transparency without adding "copy" to the end of every single file name :evil: I now have to go through and manually remove it from 165 files. Cheers Adobe.

You'll probably have to stop every 10 files to install new updates as well :lol:

You could use Powershell to remove the "copy" form all the files in one go. It is easy if they are all in one folder too -

http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscripting ... -bulk.aspx

Cheers, but I've done it now. It's more the principle of it that pisses me off; I don't need Adobe sticking things like that in as safeguards against accidentally overwriting the original file without giving me the option to disable them. I'm a grown up and I can cope with these things. I'm saving with a different file extension in a different folder so there is no danger of overwriting the original, and I don't have layers that will be lost by saving in PNG because I only have one layer and I can't flatten it (which would stop it adding "copy") because that will remove the transparency. Grr.