Standing Mile Top Speed

Guest tinkerbell1710

Hi, I am new on here but thought some people might be interested in Top Speed meetings at Elvington Airfield run by Straightliners. (if you don't know about it already!!)

Basically you pay ya money, and see how fast you can go in a straight line from a standing start over a mile. You get a ticket saying your speed which is much better than a speeding ticket from the cops!

It is great fun and highly addictive!!

Anyway, the next meeting is at Elvington Airfield near York next Tuesday 18th June for anyone interested in coming and having a look. Think it is a tenner to come and specatate :D

Hey,

Firstly welcome to the forum, pop a little bit in the Newbie bit when you get time :)

This sounds great, although Tuesdays not good for my fella who would want to have a go lol... do they do other days of the week?

Vicki :)

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome!!

Errrmmmm.... Yes, I did do 243.5mph :shock: looking to beat it this time out, weather, the bike and my bottle permitting!!!

Sometimes it is Mondays, depends on what drag racing meetings Straightliners are holding the weekend before. There is also the World Wheelie Record meeting over a weekend in August (17/18th I think) where we do top speed runs too. It is quite a busy meeting with lots of spectators.

Will have a good look round here when I get chance, be nice to meet new biker mates :)

welcome to the forum. I already know the top speed of my bike, its been tried and tested and more than 100mph less than yours! :shock:

I would love to go one day. How much is it?

It isn't my bike that I race, I ride for Jack Frost of Holeshot Racing...

Although I do have a modified stock busa and my fiancé has a turbo busa that I have raced. They aren't quite as fast as Jack's though :wink:

It is £100 to sign on and £10 for a day ACU license.

Hope to see you there sometime :)

Hi Tinkerbell & welcome. Any buying advice for Busa's ??

I prefer Gen1's, looked after, low mileage, same as any bike really.. Depends on what you want to do with it I suppose.

I have to warn everyone though, I am not technically minded and don't really know that much about the mechanics of bikes :oops:

Hi and welcome, 234mph is some number to hit on any Bike respect. Stock Busa's are shackled to hit a max of 186mph, no restriction on acceleration - power just top speed. It's all been said that the new sports bikes will out run them, but unleash the Busa top speed "the same also go's for the ZX1400 for that matter" and see what an extra 400cc will do and in comfort l will add. Many members of the Hayabusa org have had the restrictor removed and had there bikes officially timed through he 200mph barrier. Awesome bike with massive power.

Here's a link to record breaking stock motor Busa

http://www.latrobevalleyexpress.com.au/ ... g-records/

My gen1 busa is not quite stock, it has an de-restrictor on it, large airbox, quickshifter, PIR Mod, 4-1 zorst, it is lowered, geared and mapped via a power commander and after several years of thrashing that up the runway the max I have had out of that is 191.1mph. There is a gen2 with a couple more mods than mine has that did a 216mph with a fairly strong tail wind though.

Anyway, an update on yesterday. We had a few problems with the bike in the morning but in the afternoon had three better runs ranging from 217.7mph to 233.1mph. Was very pleased with that, the handling issues we had last time have been sorted and we are happy with the bike now, so next time out we just need to turn up the boost and away we go :D