would you recommend this lock?

Guest bigwheel

Any kind of disc lock or chain will act as a deterrent but if someone really wants your bike they will get it. I use a Xena alarmed disc lock which was about £35 (I got mine free with a magazine subscription 8-) ) and if I was that worried about it I would park it so everyone can see it and as close to CCTV cameras as I could.

:cheers:

I agree with above - I just use a lock and chain I got from Aldi and keep the lock off the floor (so not easy to freeze and smash) but at the end of the day if they want your bike, its gone. I'd probably go mad when I get my dream bike, but for now, its just to stop the scrotes rolling it away

Nearly 81 of the great British pounds excluding VAT for a lock!?

I'd expect a automatic mounted machine to popout for that price! Jesus wept..

And it only acts as a deterrent oh my good gracious!

• 3 months later...

I'd save a few pounds and go for an Oxford lock, quite a lot of them can be used to lower insurance if declared (personally I don't as knowing me...my bike will get stolen the only day I don't use the bloody lock and my insurance would be void...)

Otherwise agreeing with the rest unfortunately!

I carry a chain and a lock bit heavy but i can wrap it around the pole at work and at home, doesnt stop anyone they can cut it easy as piss but it will make it harder and they want an easy score ;)

That style of disc lock does not fit all bikes. If the disc is close to the wheel rim it will not slip back into place to lock.

Shackle locks like the Oxford Boss, Mammoth Mini Thatcham disc lock or bolt through like Xena disc locks are easier to fit.

• 2 months later...