RTTW (Ride to the Wall)

bluenose

Just interested to see how many are doing the Ride to the Wall this year?

If you don't know about it, it started 6 years ago set up by ex service personnel who wanted to do a charity ride to the NMA in Staffordshire, its a massive wall with all the names of service personnel who have lost their lives while on active service in defence of this country since the end of the second world war. Its on the first Saturday of October every year, this year the 5th of October. Its a £10 which goes towards the up keep of the NMA, you chose your start point mine is Knutsford services on the M6. You are then met by out riders and we all leave together. Its disigned so all start points met at the same time and ride into the NMA together. Its worth doing as a good cause and just to see the amounts of people lining the motorway bridges waving flags as you pass, this year is set to be the biggest with close to 20,000 bikers from all over the country taking part. If anyone is interested take a look at the website www.rttw.org, also put in ride to the wall 2012 on youtube to see what last years was like. If you want to thank all the service personnel for what they do then there is no better way to say it then doing this ride.

I did the first 2 of these. Its a great day out, well organised and for a great cause.

I start a new job in Sept so will have to see if I can get the time off.

For anyone that has the time off i'd recommend doing at least one of these while you're riding. like a bucket list type thing.

If you want to go on the ride you'll need to register, it's £10 which goes towards the up keep of the NMA and you'll recieve a sticker which you place on your bike to show you've registered, go to www.rttw.org :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
12 days to go.

Anyone going from southbound Woodall?

Hi mate if you ask on the facebook page which is ride to the wall you'll get loads of responses, I'll be on a white 900cc diversion come say hello

Just went to RTTW website to try and register, says its closed till after the event. Can we just turn up and pay on the day at Knutsford?

Dave and Al

yep just turn up at knutsford services the ride will be leaving there at 0930am, when we get to the NMA there'll be registeration tents to pay the £10 fee which goes straight to the upkeep of th NMA. I'll be on a white 900 diversion and my mate is on a blue goldwing you can't miss it its got a massive portsmouth fc flag on.

Im a bit drubk and imy last fay in florida and confuzzled by website...where r u meant to end up?? :D

Yep totes gonna make my text red still even when it feels like dar too mucj effort!!

mwahaahaha etc

you end up at the NMA its a memorail, well a massive wall thats why its called ride to the wall, and it contains the names of all service personnal killed while on active service serving this country. The NMA is in Staffordshire and its a great day out, meeting new people who are all there for the same reason........to remember.

Sorry, not sure what this sun thing is you mention...you mean that yellow thing they get a lot of in Australia??

I'll still be wearing textiles...leathers is just begging to be rained on!

What a great day. Couldn't count the bikes out of Knutsford, have to measure the miles from end to end. Great time at the NMA. Generally well organised and marshalled, shame about the few arrogant self important t--ts queue jumping the exit line afterwards. Really winds me up, riding little bikes fit for kids.

What a great day. Couldn't count the bikes out of Knutsford, have to measure the miles from end to end. Great time at the NMA. Generally well organised and marshalled, shame about the few arrogant self important t--ts queue jumping the exit line afterwards. Really winds me up, riding little bikes fit for kids.

I know what you mean, spoils the day. I agree that every biker should do this ride because its awesome, and a very moving day. It was good to meet you both, did you see the little jack russell in the top box, had its own little screen :D