Crutchlow to Ducati for 2014 + 2015

Boothy

I don't think it has anything to do with the bank balance, but more to with winning. All these guys get paid a bucket full every year. It all about furthering your career. I'm sure Cal want to become a world champion as much as all of them.

I too don't think it's a wise move, but let's be honest, it's bloody tough in MotoGP to get the top 2 factory rides with the grid being so small.

I hope it doesn't spell the start of the end of his MotoGP career...

They don't all get paid a bucket load some even have to bring sponsorship with them and its soon sets that pay wages, I'm sure its as much to do with finance otherwise he would have stayed at tech 3 and tried to move into the factory team.

I read something from Lin Jarvis saying there was an offer but Ducati have more money.

Best case scenario he tames the duck and gets some semi decent results or back to world supers when contract is up.

Obviously would like to see the former happen.

did ducati not mess him about something rotten last year over a contract ? hope for cals sake all goes well but with sorry have to agree most big mistake

I understand what you're saying about money Gary - in a career that is possibly somewhat limited in years who wouldn't go for big bucks?!

I just think that he's having a brilliant season & shows great promise of achieving bigger & better things. When you look at Rossi's time at Ducati & Dovi this season they both failed to do what they're known to be capable of.

Maybe a panic move? AFAIK Cal didn't have a ride for next season so maybe he's gone with Ducati as it's better than nothing?!

Just hope it doesn't put a halt to his career progress & he makes it work.

Think it's a backwards step personally but he wanted the factory ride.

Can see why he was pissed off at Yamaha though with them talking to Pol Espargaro about the Tech3 ride.

Hope it works for him or if not that he then still gets the chance of a winning ride. Rossi and Lorenzo's contracts end at the same time, we might be on 4 biker per team by then and we have no idea what state the championship will be in with them all looking more like CRTs

Ducati would not listen to Rossi and Burgess so l really fear for him. Cal's management would of brokered the deal but they have not got to ride the dam thing!! There might be some money in it but he's more than likely to hurt himself getting it. They all called Rossi blind saying he's not trying, who in the right state of mind going to push to the point of being hurt? Years ago Honda came to Donington park with a strange sounding 2 stroke engine that blew the rest away, They all listen to the firing sequence of the engine note and found it to be a big bang engine. What did the rest do, they copied it!! Moral if you can't beat them then join them.

I really hope they get that Ducati working.

Ducati should get Casey Stoner back as a consultant, maybe he could teach other people how to ride one seeing as he's the only person to win both a championship and multiple races for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Cant blame Cal really for jumping in bed with Ducati, as much i despair it. Well the career is finite for any racer, you gotta make your money get the prestiege of factory bike. Ducati do have a cult like following , is a gamble but stoner made it work, Rossi failed, if Cal can make it work then he will be painted in red glory.

Its infuriating to see ducsti so far down grid, they have so much history and experience , how can it be taking so long to figure it out!?

I wish Cal best of luck , i think Tech 3 will miss him big style, Smithy hasnt really impressed me moving to Tech3 to be honest.

I think Stefan Bradl is very good and starting to shine.

The ducatis are crippled bikes so to be honest beating them regardless of rider isnt a massive deal. Dont matter how good the rider is unless bike is up to the job/pace you will get nowhere. I cant see Smithy doing much better next year but hey i hope im wrong for the lad, i think he will remain Tech3 #2 rider again.