As discussed on tuesday night it seems to have been far to long since we went on a decent big ride with plenty of us.... So if you hadn't guessed by the name of the post i'm suggesting we go to the Ace Cafe..... the date i'm going to suggest is the 7th September.... I know this is a long way off but thought i would get the post in early so people can put it in there calendar..... obviously being so far away i'm no going to suggest any times yet, just see how we go in getting people to come....... meeting spot will however be the wreckage of Hartford marina if its accessible..... :D

I can do Sunday the 8th..... If everyone else can then we will go for that as the more the merrier, however if the Saturday is better for everyone then afraid we will have to go on majority.....

Hey all

So Sunday 8 September looks good for this then? Ben is keen to go as well and he can make that date also.

Shall we start a list of attendees:

Holliday

Seabluegal

Lucky

Nman

Roadrunner

Terry

(Have I missed anyone?)

Sam - as you're the organiser, can we not leave ridiculously early?

Looking forward to it :)

• 2 weeks later...

We're gonna pass on this methinks, not only cos of being slower but cos I don't wanna risk a big ride the week before our honeymooooon on pretty much the anniversary of my accident last yr that meant we had to rebook it..could be jinxed! We'll prob have stuff we need to sort out for holiday anyhoo. :mrgreen:

So, we're all on for Sunday 8 September - yay

If you're meeting at Marina at 10.30 for this, can you meet me and my gang at 10.50 at Peterborough A1M Services (as it's on the way to London?)

That only works if you're planning on doing the A1 down there

No worries if not.

Right, I've decided I'm defo gonna bike to the station and get the Shaniah Train on Friday after work to visit my family for the last time before honeymooooon, as it will take faaaar too long biking there, and being lost in the dark won't be fun. I'll get all Sat with my family, and on Sunday I will get the Shaniah to meet you all at Ace Cafe then either train ride back, unless anyone v kindly wouldn't mind Moo hopping on for a pillion ride back (I wouldn't be cheeky and expect a lift to train station, I can bus in to work on Monday then bus to train station after work to pick up Ermintrude). Anyhoo, will chat more about it on Tues at Hartford Marina. Either way, Ace Cafe wooooooooo!! Finally getting to see it! :mrgreen:

Hello all..... Ok so we shall stick to the meeting point of the marina (sorry Jane) at 10.30 hopefully someone has an idea of the way as I have not a clue. Look forward to seeing everyone...... See ya Sunday

Sounds good Sam my mate dropped out reckons he needs a new tyre :roll: Just looked on google maps seems A1 down to North Circular turn right and look for Abbey road near Stonebridge park, I know last time the North Circular was horrendous for traffic! 65.1 miles from The Marina 1h21mins hmmmmmm