3334.3 miles in 15 days around europe.

uk190

as some will be aware, me and rebel rach rode our R1s around europe this july.

so here is my full and in depth report.

first the route, we made no plans, no route or booked no accommodation. we simply either rocked up a campsite or called one one the day.

here is the route we ended riding.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3761/9473129099_8fbb1fb346_k.jpg

thats notts to the tunnel. france, belgium, germany, france, germany, austria, Switzerland, italy, france, spain, france again, tunnel and home. 3334.3 miles.

highlights were.

b500 from baden baden in germany.

the n260 in the spanish pyranese.

the m32 near roquebillier in southern france.

and about just about every other road we rode.

and getting my knee down with the bike fully loaded with luggage :mrgreen: .

this album contains some pics. (and a few non related pics) there would have been more but i broke my phone snaps

the trip cost about £1500 each all in. inc food, drink, accommodation, tyres and fuel. we did stay in hotels for the odd night, 4 in total which bumped the overall trip cost up a couple hundred quid. but it was a holiday after all.

that concludes my in depth report. now go do something similar. you will not regret it.

Great times and very true. Do it you won't regret it. I never had accommodation booked, we got something at the end of the day. Everyone was so friendly.

I am the type that likes everything planned. Nothing was and what a time.

excellent report martin :lol:

some cracking pics

did you not do the nurburgring?

I have been looking at doing something again next year over a weekend again leave thursday to come back monday

the road with the concrete support is in Schröcken on the 200 in austria. amazing random piece of engineering. its as if they decided that there wasnt enough natural hairpins that they had to build one. here is a pic from below it

92796334.jpg

the mountain road was the stelvio pass in switzerland. a raod of legendary status for a very good reason. its about 2500M up in the alps. with about a 100 tight hairpins to negotiate.

last july we rode scotland. took us 4 days. rained for most of it so its something we intend to repeat in the dry.

although.. having just ridden the black forest, it may now be my next trip. it was awesome and not actually that far away.

Next weeks biking adventures will include Ron Haslam's race school, the Ogri rally followed by BSB at Cadwell.

Does that lot count??

Too much spare time on your hands is all I can say..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Next weeks biking adventures will include Ron Haslam's race school, the Ogri rally followed by BSB at Cadwell.

Does that lot count??

Too much spare time on your hands is all I can say..... :wink: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha got to load it onto the trailer and tow it for 8 hours to get home before the fun can begin. Soul destroying journey at the best of times.

• 2 weeks later...