Airhawk 2 seat

dimmers

for reasons i won't bore you with here, i ended up buying an Airhawk 2 seat cover last week... so here are my thoughts,

pros

-really easy to put on the bike/set up

-very comfortable

-cuts out bike vibrations

-easily adjustable via an air valve located at the back of the seat

cons

-takes a few rides to get used to it, and get the right amount of air in (tip - under inflated is better than over inflated)

-have to take it off when you leave your bike parked up, as it would be very easy to steal

-you look a bit of a n0b having a seat cushion on your bike

if you're in the market for a bit of added comfort on long distance journeys, or commutes, then i'd give this a good look. It comes with some repairable patches in case you get a puncture, has a year warranty, but i would say one of the best things with this is the 30 day guarantee, where if you don't get on with it or it just doesn't live up to your expectations, you can send it back and get a full refund.

• 2 weeks later...
you look a bit of a n0b having a seat cushion on your bike

:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/loaded_bandit.png

:up: :lol:

nice! that is def loaded up more than mine... what seat cushion is that then?

i still feel silly pulling up somewhere and having to carry my airhawk away with me.

perhaps a new bike is in order :lol: :lol:

having spent my working life in an office i think that my bum has become thin, i say this because i used to get numb bum after 30 miles or so - bought an airhawk but it only put off the inevitable, until say 60 miles, eventually got the seat rebuilt by a local leather guy who does boots etc but used to be a biker - he did a smashing job (i told him that i was after comfort) so no more airhawk, i puntured it (the airhawk) anyway so it would slowly go down. i think the airhawk saved my back a few times when i hit bad potholes, mind that was probably why it started deflating.

you look a bit of a n0b having a seat cushion on your bike

:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/loaded_bandit.png

:up: :lol:

nice! that is def loaded up more than mine... what seat cushion is that then?

i still feel silly pulling up somewhere and having to carry my airhawk away with me.

perhaps a new bike is in order :lol: :lol:

Dimmers its a ALLYN Universal Eagle Air Seat, I got mine from M & P for 40 quid, deffo works just needed to odd knee stretch

• 3 years later...

I went through this with my misses (and me initially)... Last solution was similar to this:

https://www.wish.com/c/5644805e703379139f8396cc?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=pla4&_display_country_code=GB&gclid=CjwKEAiA8dDEBRDf19yI97eO0UsSJAAY_yCS2wAEeahbhNU3nqVPTLU8seiFeOAtU3NCP8Z4j3MC0xoCT0Lw_wcB

With a SMALL amount of air in it half a breath or so...

I dont know whats changed but 4 hours a day on the bike for my other half is not much of an issue with no cushion. I think she just learned to stand on the pegs and move from time to time. An occasional second or 2 wiggle of the bum makes a big difference...