eos 125 help ...please

goodebud

anyone got or know how to squeeze a bit more mph out of a ajs eos 125 cc .. without breaking the bank I have changed sprockets from 14front -44 rear to a 15 and 46 tooth is there any thing else ie carb jets ect but I don't know sizes to use any info would be nice ...... I know you guys always try and help been on the forum for about a month now and you guys have helped so much cheers guys keep up the good work and HAPPY XMAS to you all

Moved to Pitstop.

You could squeeze more speed out of it, but the work required and the cost wouldn't be worth it.....and you'd have to watch that any modifications wouldn't breach the bhp limit for the 125 licence group....... :wink:

yeah like stated..

On a 4stroke, and such a little engine, not much you can really do tbh..

Personally i wouldnt of touched the front sprocket at all..

going one tooth up on the front does the same as dropping a tooth on the rear, but the front gives more of a drastic effect to acceleration etc.. especially against winds, you will probs find you will get slower and slower..

I would of kept the front the exact same, and just dropped a tooth on the rear.

I did that with my bike, dropping a tooth on the rear not only allowed me to sit at the town speeds at lower revs, but i could also get a bit more speed out of each gear, and a bit more top speed. Without effecting acceleration all that much, Not that i can notice anyway..

:mrgreen:

It's really not worth doing much to a 125,

use the money to pass your tests and get a bigger bike.

I thought that Ian, but if the OP is 17 he's got no choice of getting a bigger bike until he's 19!........ :roll:

yeah like stated..

going one tooth up on the front does the same as dropping a tooth on the rear, but the front gives more of a drastic effect to acceleration etc.. especially against winds, you will probs find you will get slower and slower..

Not so.

Going up a tooth from 14 to 15 on the front will be a jump three times as much as going down one tooth on a 45t rear.

Think about it.

yeah like stated..

Not so.

Going up a tooth from 14 to 15 on the front will be a jump three times as much as going down one tooth on a 45t rear.

Think about it.

Yes, thats what i was saying.. Going up 1 tooth on the front is more of a drastic change compared to dropping a single tooth on the rear...

Doing drastic changes to gearing can seriously effect performance, acceleration etc..

Doing too much drastic changes to gain top speed will result is terrible acceleration, to the point where a slight on-coming wind will be too much for your engine, and as much as your hand is pinned back, you will lose speed..

So going up on the front, aswell as dropping on the rear, is a very very big change, and most likely not for the better at all..

After all, 125's really dont have the torque there for the acceleration, let alone after a drastic gear change..

Thats why i recommend just dropping teeth off the rear, and seeing how it goes, that way it dont mess up the acceleration as much as drastic gear changes would...

:booty: