How many points do I get for hitting a pedestrian today? :D

BikerMooFromMars

....Ok so I *think* I may have touched her foot/leg with my tyre and wasn't as fun/funny (or as dramatic :lol: ) as I made it sound...BUT STILL....how many points?! :mrgreen:

I was safely filtering opposite King's College - no cars in the opposite direction, lights had gone from amber to green, I slipped past the cars on my side of the road and HOLY F*CK there's some stupid as hell 20-something girl running trying to make it across the road! Just about managed to stop in time :shock: (wasn't going fast). Her look of horror matched mine...thought better of a head shake or a shout as she looked horrified and mortified at the same time and pretty damn sure she won't do that again! She stepped back and I carried on for some reason, shoulda let her go but I suppose I'd have held up the traffic. Maybe I was in the wrong and should take more care or something (I'm sure someone will say it)...but the lights were verrry much green and I do always keep my eyes peeled and like to think I am pretty sensible (on my bike at least!).

But you know when people say their heart leapt into their mouth...I don't know where mine went but I'm pretty certain it evacuated my chest. Glad I didn't need the loo or that woulda evacuated too!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

YAY FOR NEW(ish) BRAKE PADS! *and awesome TMBF pals that help with such things - Fozzie this time haha!*

When I on occasion drive, my dad has seen someone crossing the road not bothered I'm approaching and said "50 points". The idea is to scare them into running for the curb (target the ignorant ones).

So my mates made a scoring system

Pedestian: Hit or making them run for the curb - 50 points

Child: 100 points

Woman with child: 200 points

Old man that can barely move then sprints: 1000 points

Eeeeeeeeevil :lol:

Hurrah for new brake pads... Glad I stopped you buying those Kyoto pads on wemoto in favour of the EBC honda ones. They are rubbish at stopping you in the cold :shock:

People constantly try to make it over when they don't have time and don't expect to see a bike coming down the road. Just try keep a look ahead for idiots ^^

I was overtaking the cars to the left of me so didn't see a dozey woman running across the green lights on the left - I did wonder to myself why the cars still weren't moving - though I often assume it's a dozey driver who isn't paying attention or stalled (and am 99% of the time right!), but nope, was different yesterday!

-10 points for not doing a wheelie!

The only question is - did you stop and check she was OK? If so, NP. If not, and someone got your reg and reported it to the bill, then you may get a 'visit'. You will not get any 'points' via the post.

NB. The 'visit' is normally carried out within 24 hours. (In my experience anyway :shock: ).

PS. In future, stick to hitting rabbits / cats / etc. Thet are more 'squishy' and cause less hassle. :twisted:

:cheers:

points are gauged on her stupidity and injury so unfortunatly you only get 1 for her stupidity lol

Just ONE point?! BUT - surely other factors have to be taken into consideration??

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/ClaresampKingsCollegelights_zpsc4fd7a70.jpg

She was running from Clare's College to the King's College/University Library side of the road...or just heading towards town, whatevvs... :mrgreen:

...BUT she was alone, well dressed and in her mid 20s with a bag with more than just general stuff in it...which leads me to think she was a student. An intelligent student from a Cambridge university...worth at least 10 points right?!

which leads me to think she was a student. An intelligent student from a Cambridge university...worth at least 10 points right?!

So you nearly killed the future Prime Minister!! thats got to be worth a few extras... ;)

-10 points for not doing a wheelie!

The only question is - did you stop and check she was OK? If so, NP. If not, and someone got your reg and reported it to the bill, then you may get a 'visit'. You will not get any 'points' via the post.

NB. The 'visit' is normally carried out within 24 hours. (In my experience anyway :shock: ).

PS. In future, stick to hitting rabbits / cats / etc. Thet are more 'squishy' and cause less hassle. :twisted:

:cheers:

I *think* I may have just touched her shoe/leg...as in I just felt something gently, like stopping and touching some debris on the road, not actually hit with any force. And she stepped back, seemingly to let me go. Both in shock...I rode on probably as she was holding up traffic. Coulda pulled a stoppie I suppose...but didn't :mrgreen: . If I thought I had actually done more than literally just touched her I'd have stopped and got of and checked she was ok, trust me! You know me better than that, Goggy :wink:

EDIT: Also - details please!!!! Who did you hit, how and what happened?!?! :mrgreen:

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

When I on occasion drive, my dad has seen someone crossing the road not bothered I'm approaching and said "50 points". The idea is to scare them into running for the curb (target the ignorant ones).

So my mates made a scoring system

Pedestian: Hit or making them run for the curb - 50 points

Child: 100 points

Woman with child: 200 points

Old man that can barely move then sprints: 1000 points

Eeeeeeeeevil :lol:

Hurrah for new brake pads... Glad I stopped you buying those Kyoto pads on wemoto in favour of the EBC honda ones. They are rubbish at stopping you in the cold :shock:

Hahahaha, love that system, particularly the old man one...sure it can be added to aswell :mrgreen: . Isn't hitting pedestrians a pulling technique for your dad anyway if I remember correctly?! :lol:

Honda brake pads ftw!

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

which leads me to think she was a student. An intelligent student from a Cambridge university...worth at least 10 points right?!

So you nearly killed the future Prime Minister!! thats got to be worth a few extras... ;)

Although could be worth minus points if that then makes her hate motorbikes...god knows what wanky new rules she could create!! :crybaby:

If you'd managed to do a stoppie which flipped over the top of her and back onto two wheels so you could ride off you would've got 2000 points plus a front flip bonus of 3 stars!

Well done for not squishing her into the road :D

Isn't hitting pedestrians a pulling technique for your dad anyway if I remember correctly?! :lol:

Honda brake pads ftw!

He said when he met her, he tried to ram her so I assume that's the case :?

Pedestrians are a nightmare, on my way home each night I have a high street to contend with full of school kids and people going home from work. 2 or 3 will run out at the crossings!

And the worst bit is, if you hit them, and they take you to court they nearly always win :x

The way I see it is, if it's clear, green light and so on you can be chanting "OUT OF MY WAY PEASANT MOBILES" and if a pedestrian walks out, still their fault as the little man was clearly RED.

But for some reason magistrates think pedestrians can do no wrong.

points are gauged on her stupidity and injury so unfortunatly you only get 1 for her stupidity lol

Just ONE point?! BUT - surely other factors have to be taken into consideration??

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k96/spastic_potato/BikerMoos%20Piccies/ClaresampKingsCollegelights_zpsc4fd7a70.jpg

She was running from Clare's College to the King's College/University Library side of the road...or just heading towards town, whatevvs... :mrgreen:

I have no doubt that the whole episode was hilarious, but...

you should perhaps consider reading the Highway Code, in particular Rule 193

You should take extra care where the view of either side of the crossing is blocked by queuing traffic or incorrectly parked vehicles. Pedestrians may be crossing between stationary vehicles.

and the rule that mentions about not overtaking the lead car...

I have no doubt that the whole episode was hilarious, but...

Just making light of it, I said it wasn't actually a funny experience

you should perhaps consider reading the Highway Code, in particular Rule 193

You should take extra care where the view of either side of the crossing is blocked by queuing traffic or incorrectly parked vehicles. Pedestrians may be crossing between stationary vehicles.

It was at traffic lights on a green light :shock:

and the rule that mentions about not overtaking the lead car...

Not seen this one tbh, but I'm sure no one *ever* does it...esp never you. :lol:

It's all good, I expected someone to tell me I was in the wrong - I'm sure the girl crossing the road and I both learnt from it though 8-)

Googly the Insurance Claim quotes - 'I swerved and hit the pedestrian who said it was her fault as she had been hit before!'

"I ran into a tree (pedestrian) that (who) wasn't there."

'She was just standing there, so I hit her!'

:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Your experience sounds all too familiar, Moo. I live not far from two Universities, and it is common practice for students to walk into the road, without looking, while wearing earphones, with the volume cranked up so loud that they can't even hear a Beowulf exhaust from 5ft away. :|