What is the biggest hazard on the road as a biker?

Glorian

<t>Which is the biggest hazard in your opinion?</t>  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the biggest hazard in your opinion?

• Black / Normal ice.
    • Snow
    • Heavy rain
    • Ferocious winds
    • Bad drivers (cars,bikes,vans etc)
    • Oil
    • Potholes
    • Other (Please say below)

If you never push the boundrys you will never know just how good you are.

A strange response in my opinion. What's wrong with just going out for a ride without constantly having to push the boundarys of what's physically possible on a bike? Just enjoy the ride instead of testing yourself all the time.

Biggest threat to bikers is taking corners too quickly.

If we was cave men thousand of years ago then id be the one who left the cave to see what was on the otherside.

A strange response in my opinion. What's wrong with just going out for a ride without constantly having to push the boundarys of what's physically possible on a bike? Just enjoy the ride instead of testing yourself all the time.

If we was cave men thousand of years ago then id be the one who left the cave to see what was on the otherside.

Rapidly eaten by wild animals.. Every civilisation has its sacrificial members its Natural selection at its finest...

Rapidly eaten by wild animals.. Every civilisation has its sacrificial members its Natural selection at its finest...

The risk is irrelevent in my eyes. If no one left the cave we would still be there now.

Oh yeah I forgot , tractors :mrgreen: they scare me too, usually having a mahoosive multiple spikey weapon that belongs on madmax :lol: One of my mates binned it going into a corner to hot & impaled his bike on one of these things ( I wasn't present btw )

lets face it, the worst thing about slipping on horse poo is the fact it might end up smeared on you and bits getting in your helmet.

My dog likes to eat horse poo ! & then lick me back at the car to say thanks for taking me out =-

Oh yeah I forgot , tractors :mrgreen: they scare me too, usually having a mahoosive multiple spikey weapon that belongs on madmax :lol: One of my mates binned it going into a corner to hot & impaled his bike on one of these things ( I wasn't present btw )

If people want to ride at breakneck speed on country lanes they must expect to meet rural road users such as tractors, horses, sometimes cows & sheep, deposits from said animals, mud etc. I think all those things were there before bikes ..

If people want to ride at breakneck speed on country lanes they must expect to meet rural road users such as tractors, horses, sometimes cows & sheep, deposits from said animals, mud etc. I think all those things were there before bikes ..

I agree :-) my mate was distracted apparently giving the thumbs up to a biker sat next to his bike in a layby & then observed the tractor - but to late

Why are horses even allowed on roads? They don't pay road tax, the owners are arrogant as f***, they all ponder round on 60mph roads and then have the BARE FACED AUDACITY to wave you down angrily?! Unfortunately shooting their horse 1st, then their kneecaps is against the law. So you basically have to point out that they have an animal sh****g on a public highway! causing an obstruction on a high speed carriageway (anything 50mph and over is classed as highway), inciting roadrage pertaining to section 5, public disorder. Yet they cuss you? Keep the beasts in a field, this ain't the Wild West anymore, they're not pets, pets are animals that can sit on your lap. horses are good for nothing but racing and burgers, possibly historical reenactments , we invented the engine a fair few years ago now. Get with it you stuck up c***s!

Anyway as for dangers? I agree with all the above, treat everything like your life depends on it.... Oh wait, it actually does!

Why are horses even allowed on roads? They don't pay road tax, the owners are arrogant as f***, they all ponder round on 60mph roads and then have the BARE FACED AUDACITY to wave you down angrily?! Unfortunately shooting their horse 1st, then their kneecaps is against the law. So you basically have to point out that they have an animal sh****g on a public highway! causing an obstruction on a high speed carriageway (anything 50mph and over is classed as highway), inciting roadrage pertaining to section 5, public disorder. Yet they cuss you? Keep the beasts in a field, this ain't the Wild West anymore, they're not pets, pets are animals that can sit on your lap. horses are good for nothing but racing and burgers, possibly historical reenactments , we invented the engine a fair few years ago now. Get with it you stuck up c***s!

Anyway as for dangers? I agree with all the above, treat everything like your life depends on it.... Oh wait, it actually does!

Remy like to comment..... :)

Don't want to burst your bubble, but we're not thousands of years ago and we're not living in caves. On the other side is just a fat man with a muddy green citroen C5 estate. Well at least that's here anyway. I hope you have arrangements made, you'll need them before long.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but we're not thousands of years ago and we're not living in caves. On the other side is just a fat man with a muddy green citroen C5 estate. Well at least that's here anyway. I hope you have arrangements made, you'll need them before long.

Same shit diffrent day. i can die crossing the road but if i die in a fast car or on a fast bike then atleast ive gone with a smile on my face.

And you don't have a smile on your face just by riding at a sensible speed? We're all bikers that's why were here, we all know it's not a particularly safe hobby in the grand scheme of things, but why put yourself at risk purposefully? Just steady yourself off and enjoy yourself instead of riding like a cock(ercas)

I was kinda hoping this would turn into a horse/rider bashing spot... Seems to be heading more toward an argument, and for that reason- I'm out!

I'll restart the lobby to remove horses when the time is right... (Evil twiddling thumbs burns-esq)

Same shit diffrent day. i can die crossing the road but if i die in a fast car or on a fast bike then atleast ive gone with a smile on my face.

The arrogance and naivety of youth - we've all been there... :lol: Luckily most live to grow out of it...

The arrogance and naivety of youth - we've all been there... :lol: Luckily most live to grow out of it...

Daft thing is... I get the feeling he's not all that young. Oh well, it's all dealt with by natural selection in the end.

I dont want a bike just to plod about on. I like speed.

Plus if im going for it then im 100% concentrating on the road.

I feel sorry for the car that pulls out on you because they seriously miss judged your speed and didnt realise they were just about to pull onto the isle of man tt course

I was kinda hoping this would turn into a horse/rider bashing spot... Seems to be heading more toward an argument, and for that reason- I'm out!

Good I won't bother to demean myself by commenting on your ignorant ranting

Going to be totally sexist here and I apologise for any offence but I think the biggest hazard on the road are women in short skirts/tight jeans/big boobs/white Ts hirts with any sized boobs, walking along the pavement. How many of you have not at some point broken your hard concentration (no pun intended) and been distracted by that? :up:

Oh I'm sorry, you disagree with me so use the term ignorant? Ignorant by definition is incorrect you realise? Everything I speak of is absolute fact mixed with opinion. The fact that I can envision you foaming at the mouth whilst writing that tells me that your a fan of horses and believe they should populate our roads which is the only alternative to my opinion. You'd demean yourself in engaging in debate with me? Yet another insult. I'm here to make friends not have people abuse and insult me for an opinion I have voiced, and stand by to the death.

Like I said I'm not here to argue, if you have a difference feel free, but don't make it personal. You never know I may have been some use to you some day.

Oh I'm sorry, you disagree with me so use the term ignorant? Ignorant by definition is incorrect you realise? Everything I speak of is absolute fact mixed with opinion. The fact that I can envision you foaming at the mouth whilst writing that tells me that your a fan of horses and believe they should populate our roads which is the only alternative to my opinion. You'd demean yourself in engaging in debate with me? Yet another insult. I'm here to make friends not have people abuse and insult me for an opinion I have voiced, and stand by to the death.

Like I said I'm not here to argue, if you have a difference feel free, but don't make it personal. You never know I may have been some use to you some day.

You have a strange way of making friends, and for the record, you were the one who made it personal with your barrage of insults about anyone who owns horses... If you cant ride a bike well enough to avoid the horse poo, thats your problem, not the horses!