Trying to Sell My ER6F Via Gumtree

PabloK42

Hi all,

Can I pick your brains, I have had a few contacts from people interested in buying my bike - Is there anything I should be wary off when getting close to doing a deal?

The reason I ask as my friend has told me some horror stories about Paypal accounts being broken into etc

My intention would be met individual face to face, do deal, await for funds credit into my account then pass over bike??

World is a complicated place these days.....

Cheers

I've always bought and sold on a 'cash on collection' basis - not a big fan of paypal for bikes.

Test-rides only with proof of license, insurance and cash in hand

Preparing a receipt for both parties to sign is also not a bad idea

dont use paypal. fees are high, and too easy to reverse the transaction.

Dont let them see where you keep the bike either!

Direct bank transfer or cash, otherwise it goes to the next guy on the list.

the old lines work well...

"I have another guy coming to see the bike later today who seemed really keen over the phone. If you cant get the cash to me in the next couple of hours, im pretty sure hes going to buy the bike as soon as he gets here...."

Also, dont make deals at your house as they could learn how the bike is stored/locked up etc.. cant trust anyone these days. Instead, meet up near some shops or other places other than your house.

Also, dont make deals at your house as they could learn how the bike is stored/locked up etc.. cant trust anyone these days. Instead, meet up near some shops or other places other than your house.

Petrol stations are a good idea as they are always covered in CCTV cameras ;)

that also works in reverse tho as buyers are often warned against buying bikes where seller wants to meet away from home and such like as that seems to be how the majority of dodgy deals happen,meet in garage pay cash get pulled 6 months later to find out you are riding a ringer,no address to go back to to get any actions in place

that also works in reverse tho as buyers are often warned against buying bikes where seller wants to meet away from home and such like as that seems to be how the majority of dodgy deals happen,meet in garage pay cash get pulled 6 months later to find out you are riding a ringer,no address to go back to to get any actions in place

my thoughts exactly. It'l be hard to sell at a petrol station

Thing is, many people won't be serious buyers. When you find one whos prepared to buy, if they get suspicious you can invite them home to do the paperwork. But Dont allow every person to know where you live.