socket sets

I-AM-THOR

as above really

but I would go from 8 to 36mm

some swingarm bolts are 27mm and 36mm if you need to or want to remove it

plus get some ring/open end spanners of the same size too

you also may need some castleted sockets too

Halfords have a sale on at the mo, for their 150 set thats normally £200 (not worth it) and is normally £100 in sale (worth it, when I bought it) is now £89 but with a 10% code its 80.99.

Also have a nice 1/4 set for £15, normally £30, I have this to :)

Halfords sockets are on par with sealey which isnt bad but the ratchets are pretty poor, pay cheap and the ratchet will fail quick I have gonetheoigh 3 very quickly. Now the halfords pro range is near as dam it on par with snap on, quality is good, socket fit is good ect.

I personally wouldnt buy a cheap set, I have a mix of snap on and lower brands and from time to time I have to pull out the snap ons to finish a job as they fit right which means everything.

Halfords ratchets poor? Yeah ok then! I have owned a set for about 6 years with no trouble at all and they get a lot of abuse

The quality is better than other known brands!

Halfords ratchets poor? Yeah ok then! I have owned a set for about 6 years with no trouble at all and they get a lot of abuse

The quality is better than other known brands!

Is yours the standard set or the Pro which seems to be on constant special price?

I just chucked an old standard Halfords ratched handle away - not because it didn't work but because it didn't look good in my toolbox any more. :-)

Personally, I'd rank Halfords pro above crap-on as you're just paying for the brand and distributors to roam about in their nice, shiny rep vans.

Now Facom is the daddy brand - would be nice if they weren't four times the price on Halfords though. :-(

I've just bought a halfords pro advanced spanner set, open ended one end and ratchet the other. Normal price 80 but 40 in sale. Lifetime guarantee also

The halfords ratchet with the grazed handle, all metal are naff!!! So a halfords socket set with a decent ratchet will do just fine. Im a mechanic and rely on tools and snap on isnt just a shiny brand I assure you, their tools stand up to a lot more abuse and also work better as they fit better fact. If you have a ratchet thats lasted years then thats good but thats one out of thousands.

Halfords cheap breaker bars I have had the knuckle snap off after couple months of use.

I have the pro 1/4 set, and the "normal" halfords 1/2 set.

I can't break the 1/2 one and it feels solid. Even better is the fact it has a big handle, I wear the biggest size glove in Alpinestars so small tools I often get clumsy with. And I've jumped on this thing, and it's never let me down (trying to undo a GSXR sprocket nut, which is so tight it's scary).

I've just bought a halfords pro advanced spanner set, open ended one end and ratchet the other. Normal price 80 but 40 in sale. Lifetime guarantee also

These things are mega, I use mine loads - as do my chummies which is why I now have to go and buy another set because so many have gone walkies... :roll:

The flexi ratchet spanners are pretty good too if you've got a tight spot or a funny angle to get in to.