TZR Won't run without fuel directly into cylinder...

Ricky

... Even then it does this :(

">

So hey guys!

I've finally got a good spark after a CDI and a fuse change but now I'm not getting any fuel into my cylinder!

The jets and carburettor have been cleaned more times than I can count, the float bowl isn't sticking to anything from what I can see (doesn't mean it's not though!)

I've not had time to clean up my tank yet so I'm using a lucozade bottle with a pipe running to the carburettor with a small breathing hole at the top.

Fuel is definitely getting to the carburettor because when I undo it I get petrol spewing out of it.

When I put fuel into the cylinder through the spark plug hole it fires up 3rd or 4th kick like in the video, it's starts up fine and then goes mental before bogging out, I've tried adjusting the idle screws while it's screaming but it doesn't change anything :(

If anyone could help please?

:cheers: :cheers:

dont go putting neat fuel into cylinder it will cost you an engine (again) have you got fuel flowing out of the fuel tap?if so is it getting into the carb open drain screw at the bottom and see if any fuel runs out of it if not float height need to be checked and corrected,if u r getting fuel into the carb then you need to check the idle jet and needle height set up,mixture screw on the side of the carb should be set at 1 3/4 turns out for basic set up and run

Sounds like fuel starvation in the video...

Also sounds like the exhausts not connected?? It needs the exhaust to work properly.

Its a two stroke so Dont be running it on neat fuel! Mix up a bottle of premix.

dont go putting neat fuel into cylinder it will cost you an engine (again) have you got fuel flowing out of the fuel tap?if so is it getting into the carb open drain screw at the bottom and see if any fuel runs out of it if not float height need to be checked and corrected,if u r getting fuel into the carb then you need to check the idle jet and needle height set up,mixture screw on the side of the carb should be set at 1 3/4 turns out for basic set up and run

Hey EAB :)

Fuel spews out the bottom when I open the screw, screws are setup to what people have said on the TZR forum, I cleaned the jets one last time and it started first kick but did the mental screaming again then started to die so I gave it throttle and it stayed alive and I asked my girlfriend to hold the throttle while I change the screws and she let go and it died... again and now wont start :@

fixed the youtube link for you...................again :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :up: :up:

Sounds like fuel starvation in the video...

Also sounds like the exhausts not connected?? It needs the exhaust to work properly.

Its a two stroke so Dont be running it on neat fuel! Mix up a bottle of premix.

Hey Joeman :)

The exhaust is fully connected it's when I open the throttle while kicking it makes a hollow noise :(

I've got the 2 stroke oil in the tank all set up properly with oil running through :)

When I give it a few kicks there is oil on the spark plug but no sign of petrol any where on it :(

Have you set the needle to the correct height??

Normally have a few settings by removing the little clip up a notch to raise the needle to richen the mixture

Have you set the needle to the correct height??

Normally have a few settings by removing the little clip up a notch to raise the needle to richen the mixture

How high should the needle usually sit up? :)

Thanks a bunch guys :)

always start with the needle at the lowest setting which would be the clip if it has one furthest away from the tapered end

this means the tapered end sits lower into the veturi and doesn't let as much fuel out :wink:

always start with the needle at the lowest setting which would be the clip if it has one furthest away from the tapered end

this means the tapered end sits lower into the veturi and doesn't let as much fuel out :wink:

Sorry to be a noob Stuart but could you put it into simpler terms for me :D

First let's establish you have a little clip on your needle.

Then assuming you do, with the needle removed, you'll see about 5 or 6 groves on the blunt end that the clip can go into.

You move the clip up the needle (towards the blunt end) to lean out the mixture and down the needle (towards the pointy end) to richen the mixture.

Hey man. I know you said fuel pees out if you open up the drain but have you checked the fuel level in the bowl?

Connect up some clear tube to the drain and hold it up alongside the carb. Turn on the fuel and open the drain to see where the level comes - most carbs have some sort of mark to show where it should be. If it's off then adjust the float height.

Wouldn't needle height be more mid range - 5-7k area? I'd be looking more at the mixture screw or idle circuit on the carb.

What happens if you spray a bit of carb cleaner in to the mouth of the carb and kick it over?

Hey guys :)

So I tried nearly everything and was close to getting rid of the bike because I've worked out how much I'd spent on it and it still wasn't working so I was working how much I could get for it and decided to give the carb one last clean and try all the suggestions above and it seemed like my float bowl was sticking, I cleaned it all out, reconnected it all and.... Nothing! :evil: :evil:

Then I saw a little hole for a pipe in the inlet manifold I held it for a kick and it gave me some life!

I then held my finger over the hole and turned the choke on, BAM I get life and it idles!!!!

I need to have a look out for air chamber pipe!

This is the diagram, you can see the pipe, number 12 leading onto number 11.

http://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk ... take?uID=0

">

STUARTTTTT! I need your help with the silly youtube thingy!

It still needs tuning but for today I was just happy it idled!

Thanks for all your help guys! :love:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Edited by Ricky

Lol, you never told us there was a big bit missing!!

No wonder it was starved of fuel, it was sucking fresh air and nothing through the carb!

Glad you figured it out though mate :cheers:

Lol, you never told us there was a big bit missing!!

No wonder it was starved of fuel, it was sucking fresh air and nothing through the carb!

Glad you figured it out though mate :cheers:

I never realised that it was that important hahaha :lol: :lol:

Thanks dude!

:cheers: :cheers: