Cadwell Park Novice day Friday

Mr Fro

thats a great price...cant make it myself , as we'll be winging our way up to Scotland on the bikes for my birthday weekend...( plus not entirely sure how many more novice days I can get away with , lol ...though I reckon I can squeeze a couple more)

Yep, it was a great day! Think it's time to join the intermediate group. :-)

Also thinking of upgrading my bike and trailer so standby for a track day package in the for sale section...

I have a couple of question...

Do you need a full license to ride on a race track?

Could I take my 125?

Is there any more of these coming up?

And are they full of twats that laugh at you if you do something wrong?

:cheers:

Also have you any piccies mr fro? :)

no you dont need a full licence but if you havent then you need an ACU race licence which are cheap and easy to obtain

yes you can take the 125 if you want

there is some bell ends about but most are ok

check the MSV website for dates click the link above

no you dont need a full licence but if you havent then you need an ACU race licence which are cheap and easy to obtain

yes you can take the 125 if you want

there is some bell ends about but most are ok

check the MSV website for dates click the link above

Oooohhhh awesome, I think taking a 125 to a track is a bit stupid so I'll probably wait till I can afford something more suitable and don't mind sliding across the Tarmac :)

Meh, can't stand arrogance, probably try to avoid the twats if I can :)

I'll probably look into it though :)

:cheers:

you might think its stupid but when I was at cadwell once we was watching a gp 125 bike leaving everything on the track he was battling with a zx10r!!

the 10r would leave him on the straights but come to the corners the 125 was gone :lol: :lol:

it was awesome to watch

Something similar happened today actually, some young lad on a 250 Honda was keeping pretty good pace with the bigger stuff.

Just like Stu said, he got left behind a bit on the straights but hacked them back on the corners!

Do it Ricky, DO IT!

My YZF is far, far away from being any sort of decent track bike everything is stock except for the exhaust so I can't see my 0-60 in half an hour YZF obliterating zx10rs :lol:

Would be pretty fun though to race on track, I drive like a loon 70% of the time on the roads and if I can race on tracks I think I wouldn't have as much of a need to ride on the rev limit all the time :)

I'll probably come to watch when a TMBF member next goes to see what I'm up against and ask a few questions about what I'll need then make a final decision :)

ricky you dont need to worry about 0-60 on a track your not on the starting grid with everyone you are all let out the paddock in a steady stream

once your going your going and once out there someone is always slower than you :wink:

been quick is not all about having the biggest fastest bike carrying speed through the corners is where its at

dont write it off :wink:

ricky you dont need to worry about 0-60 on a track your not on the starting grid with everyone you are all let out the paddock in a steady stream

once your going your going and once out there someone is always slower than you :wink:

been quick is not all about having the biggest fastest bike carrying speed through the corners is where its at

dont write it off :wink:

I'll have to have a think, whenever someone is next at a track day like this again i'm hoping someone from here will be going just to show me the ropes and some tips:)

I can just see myself being laughed at with a stock 4 stroke 125 at a track whilst there's people with thousands of pounds worth of gear on there bike :lol:

I can just see myself being laughed at with a stock 4 stroke 125 at a track whilst there's people with thousands of pounds worth of gear on there bike :lol:

yeah you get plenty of all the gear no idea guys there :mrgreen:

yeah you get plenty of all the gear no idea guys there :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

you won't get laughed at! In an novice group there will be all sorts there. I said the same to my mate about not have a sports bike and he was saying its all about enjoying testing your limits in a safe® environment. Last time he went he saw everything from 125s to tourers and adventure bikes...and to be fair, as long as you have fun, then f**k everyone else

Watching some videos on youtube from novice days at cadwell park, looks awesome but from a track picture it has a far few long straight where I could get bummed on :(

http://imageshack.com/a/img69/5951/cdbf.jpg

I'm not writing it off as an idea it looks good fun :)

Al stu, that's a relief :) I just want to have a good time and go through another top end on my bike :lol:

:cheers: :cheers:

its not a big track ricky the straights arent that long then there is a lot of hard braking for the corner at the end :lol:

this pic was taken from the commentary tower not very many people get up there :mrgreen: this is on the start finish straight about halfway down as you can see its not very long and the track is up and down all over the place :lol:

IMAG0207.jpg