MOD 1 booked

So... I've been fairly inactive (sorry!) recently..

But I am finally 24 so I can now do my direct access! :D win

Had my first lesson the day after my birthday (what an awesome present to myself) my instructor thinks I only need 2 3 hour lessons, one for the MOD1 and 1 for the MOD2.. I guess after 7 years of riding and 7 years no claims on my insurance shows that I am indeed a good rider :D

Anyway, my MOD1 is booked for the 30th April at 10:10am in Taunton.. Haven't booked the MOD2 yet, will be doing that when I've passed the MOD1 (just in case lol) Super excited.

Doing it on a kawasaki ER6, which surprisingly for me, is nice to ride.. I'm slightly on the short side for it, so on tip toes touching the ground, but I surprised my instructor, I overbalanced at the test center when we rode down, and I managed to pull myself back upright without any issues :D luckily the bike is fairly light..

Really cannot wait to pass my test and get a better bike.

Thanks everyone!

I hope it goes ok, I've got issues with my hearing and thus balance at the moment, so nervous.. Having my lesson Thursday so will see how my balance is then, if it's a bit all over the place I'll try and book in for another lesson in between or just practice on my motorbike..

MOD2 should be easier for sure, can't wait for it all to be done :D

I'm doing it with Durston Elms near Taunton :)

Well had two lessons in the end (test is on weds) because I completelly fudged up my first lesson, fell over twice - lack of clutch control and use of rear break. So had another lesson yesterday.. Was doing really poorly on the figure of 8, way too wide etc. The instructor took me through with my as pillion. Finally did the figure of 8 happy, sat doing that for a good 10-15 mins before moving on to the u-turn, u turn was fine, I do u turns all the time though to get onto my parking spot (facing the right way to get out lol) Swerve test, the first couple I was a tiny bit under speed, but all was fine.. Emergency stop I went a bit too fast the first go (60kmp) but stopped fine.

So after work today, I am going to put out the cones and just ride around them a bit ready for tomorrows test! I have to remember all of my lifesavers for the u-turn, as on a couple of my practices I forgot them, which I never do on the road, but alas, it is what it is.

So yes, tomorrow is my MOD1 :D wish me luck

Wishing you all the best for your tests.

I passed mod1 and mod2 on April 14th/15th.

One thing I did was use the time before each exercise on the test to gather my thoughts, take a deep breath and relax. Mod1 takes about 12-15 minutes, but you actually have 30 minutes allocated, so it's okay to take your time.

All the very best. You can do this!

So, just home from my MOD1 in Taunton. Got to the test center early, and saw a fair few other bikers there doing tests I think some were doing their MOD2's. At the time of my MOD1 there were two of us, I went first.

Had a little chat in the office, checked through all the paper work, panic'd thinking I'd bought in my car theory test and not my motorbike one luckily I had the right one.

So to start I rode in to the parking bay, was shaking so the manual handling of the bike was 'interesting' but fine, I didn't drop it nor overbalance it. Then the slalom and figure of 8, I was told to do two figure of 8's, I did three, the first one was a bit wobbly, I was nervous about that! Then all was fine. Slow ride, easy peasy no issues there, nice and slow around 3-4mph stopped fine, I thought I'd stopped a little far back (or was that on the controlled stop). U turn, I was fine with, like I said I do them all the time. Talking to myself the whole way through, mirror, mirror, shoulder, shoulder... Shoulder, turn.. Thought I'd hit the white line, but all clear.

Controlled stop was probably the easiest nice wide area to get comfortable going at a bit of speed, and casual ride down, allthough I did have 2 ducks/birds of some description trying to get in the way! Still all went well.. Emergency stop, I thought I'd been a bit late in stopping I didn't start as soon as his hand went up, no wobble on stopping and the left foot went down so nice and easy there. Swerve test, now all my practice was too the right (I did do some left circuits and each time I was under) today I was a bit under the first time I tried it, 45kph, second try dead on 50kph. Service to say, I passed with one minor! :D yay for me..

MOD2 is booked for the 15th at 1:45 so wish me luck guys