Oil filter well and truly stuck

OhJay

Oil and filter change on the R6

Serviced last March in a dealer and some Schwarzenegger wannabe work experience neanderthal has obviously done up the sump bolt and the filter with a pry bar and no subtlety at all... or running oil over the seal before he did it.

Managed to get the sump bolt out and the crush washer was completely mangled and deformed into the bolt but the oil filter ain't moving. The filter cap wrench is turning on the filter, jammed a screwdriver through it and that's just peeling the metal like a tin can.

Plenty of WD40 and plus gas on to try and break the seal.

Couple of ideas to get when the shops open tomorrow but open to any suggestions to try while we're at it.

Its nothing new this and it has nothing to do with how tight its been put on either ;-)

Just carefully destroy the filter then remove the centre bolt on part with a pair of grips

You can get tools to remove them - I have a chain one. I put duct tape around the filter to give it some grip and then get the chain tool on it.

A long while back I did one by spiking a long screwdriver right through it and using it as a lever.

its an early R6.. theres no room for the chain tool... we eventually got a metal band tool around it, and used in conjunction with the screwdriver which we'd already hammered through, eventually got it moving

Band wrench does the trick for me most the time. Although not on motorbikes but in my experience some filters seat bloody well I have dome some up normally and gone to remove on next svs and they are titght as fook. Just sods law really. Crush washers should be replaced anyways so don't worry about it being deformed it might have been re used a couple of times

ive heard of people using bike inner tubes. Wrap them around the filter a few times with a long metal bar in there too , then pump up the tube.

No idea how good it works, as ive never tried it!