1st trackday tips.

cockercas

eat a decent breakfast..... drop your tyre pressures once you're there, put yourself in an appropriate group , forget about showing off, don't ride outside your talent, drink lots of water between sessions,

concentrate on riding smoothly , rather than 'I must be fast', tape up your speedo , and remove your mirrors

I've got a mate coming down to spend the day. He's bringing his car so I can bring some stuff.

This is my first day on my own bike and have been looking on the net for tips.

I am bringing a cheapo gazebo -6' square

Torque wrench and sockets - as I've read that the chain might need adjusting sometime in the day

Oil - I've read that the bike may need a top up

2 jerry cans full of fuel. Louth petrol station is not too far if needs must.

Tape for the indies lights and mirrors

Bottles of water and food to keep hydrated and energy levels up. There is a shop at Cadwell, but it's expensive.

a couple of folding chairs.

Trainers - Don't fancy being in my boots all day.

Pressure gauge -Tyres need to be lower for the track

Pump

Cash & Credit /Debit Card

I can't think of anything else at the mo

Thanks guys.

Il have a toolbox with me deso.

And plenty of petrol.

Mirros will be took of. Along with indicators, reg plate etc.

Chairs a good idea.

Got pumps and pressure gagues

Is there like eletric for a kettle, for a brew. Or can i use a stove?

You riding there deso?

you will need a stove

no electric hook up at cadwell

get there early to get a good spot otherwise you could end up on the grass and its not good if the heavens open

and make sure you have baffles in or with you... cadwell's a bitch for noise testing

I was never tested nor have I known anyone be tested!! my mate does testing there on his race bike and has never had a problem either!

but that doesnt mean dont take them as one day you may get caught out

was you tested at your trackday cat?

Thanks guys.

Il have a toolbox with me deso.

And plenty of petrol.

Mirros will be took of. Along with indicators, reg plate etc.

Chairs a good idea.

Got pumps and pressure gagues

Is there like eletric for a kettle, for a brew. Or can i use a stove?

You riding there deso?

I'm riding. Only way I'll get the bike there lol.

It's only about 40 mins from mine.

yep. noise testing is the first thing they do...depends who's running it I guess, but id never attempt cadwell with the race can on

yeah it will depend on who is running it and what day it is I reckon as weekends it will be a lifted limit

usually they go for a 105 db limit which most bikes wont make that with a race can!

yep. noise testing is the first thing they do...depends who's running it I guess, but id never attempt cadwell with the race can on

yeah it will depend on who is running it and what day it is I reckon as weekends it will be a lifted limit

usually they go for a 105 db limit which most bikes wont make that with a race can!

It's with MSVT who own the track I think and you're right, it's 105db. I'm OK I have a standard can on.

I have to cheat with the race can to make 105 , so always default to the standard for track...plus some days are high 90's ....but yeah , most cans will do 105 limits confortably.. I never take the chance, as its too bloody expensive, and too far to risk getting turned away ( and yes ive seen people turned away)

no limits always have a boiler of hot water to have tea and coffee which they also provide. don't know about others but I'm sure they would as well. chairs are a must for sitting down between sessions

I take:

Fold up chair, 12ish litres of fuel (on top of a full tank), some tools, foot pump, pressure gauge, zip ties, food and drink.

On a hot day I avoid changing out of my leathers between sessions because they're not always easy to get back on when they're drenched in sweat. Lunch time I sit about in shorts and catch some rays. :-)

Dude, I thought I posted in the other thread - I'm out on this one, my hands are shagged and the doc has told me not to ride for "a while".

I'm really very dull in the flesh anyway... :-)

Dude, I thought I posted in the other thread - I'm out on this one, my hands are shagged and the doc has told me not to ride for "a while".

I'm really very dull in the flesh anyway... :-)

Yer I know your not comming :crybaby:

Got loads of gaffa tape cat, always have a roll in the car. I'm disappointed your not comming to :crybaby: