low on oil and miles from a motorfactors

G-TT600

I have here some diesel motor oil... it is the correct grade but obviously isn't designed for my motorbike... would I be alright just topping my oil up, only half a litre or so it needs, but I don't want to run it while the level is low, will it do any harm?

it's nearly due an oil change anyway lol

It's not just the grades you need to look at it's the api ratings too, your bike will require certain ones or you could see things like clutch slip.

If it's last the min just ride to the factors and get some topping up oil

red light may have flickered... so I stopped to check it,

I know bad form :oops:

it's not that I haven't checked it in months... I am aware of a leak and did a long journey yesterday, it was at the correct level yesterday, would seem the leak has got worse, but I'm kinda stranded here unless i can top it up with diesel car oil.... what do you all suggest, I'm not prepared to start it

google hasn't explained anything of the api ratings, you know how they work?

hey I never said you was a tit :lol:

as I say hopefully no damage was done

I have had my oil light on before but for different reasons my oil pump drive gear failed I was doing a great rate of knots!!!

I haven't had any problems with the bike

IMO any oil is better than no oil regardless of api ratings and stuff!!

:stupid: Totally agree, but yes like tyres and the rest of the bike always better looking at it rather than for it.

I have bought a gallon of oil and the required gasket, I have topped it with the diesel oil I had here, took more than I expected... now I really feel bad lol

I will change it at the weekend, hopefully the derv oil won't do any harm in there