At last, a LED helmet

The Shark Skwal, a helmet with built in LED lights at the vents. Five hours continuous light or eight if the lights are set to flash (which I would associate with bicycles so would not use as they could confuse drivers in the dark). It comes with a sun visor and pinlock. For me riding in the dark in winter and mornings/evenings when the sun is right in my face as it is low on the horizon, this is the helmet I have been dreaming of.

I will wait till late in the year as my commute is now in the day light and so the LED is a bit redundant. It is under £200 and £140 on eBay at the moment for a plain one.

http://www.firecrestmoto.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/shark-skwal-led-lights.jpg

I doubt a car driver would be confused by the LEDs flashing... I've never seen a pushbike with green LEDs... In fact I've not seen green on any vehicle. It seems an odd choice. White or Amber on the front and red on the rear. Yes.

It's not a very good colour for penetrating through mist or fog, either. But that's a by the by.

Green seems more a style statement than a safety/visibility enhancement. I'm sure some Kawasaki owners will be thrilled though.

Question is are they actually legal? I was always under the impression it has to be white light at the front and red at the back Orange on the sides.

That applies to vehicles including bicycles. The law does not mention helmets.

I doubt a car driver would be confused by the LEDs flashing... I've never seen a pushbike with green LEDs... In fact I've not seen green on any vehicle. It seems an odd choice. White or Amber on the front and red on the rear. Yes.

It's not a very good colour for penetrating through mist or fog, either. But that's a by the by.

Green seems more a style statement than a safety/visibility enhancement. I'm sure some Kawasaki owners will be thrilled though.

I'm in

• 2 weeks later...