Deleted

Classickid21

Is there anything near the sub with a live feed? Like a boot light or similar. If so, you could possibly attach to that, but would probably need to up the size of the fuse to that circuit.

already looked, and already wired a fuse in :) thanks for replying ive stripped it out now for time being may have another crack at it tomorrow

Go throgh the grommet were the loom comes through the bulkhead.

someone has replied on the UKstarlet forum, that's its under the passager carpet so going to give it another crack tomorrow.

thank you for replying

If you have no joy with the carpet one just look from the bonnet side and look where there is a congrigation of wires going through, poke the live through and then look for the big red cable on the inside. Failing that i know plenty of people that chased them through the nearside wing into the door shut and then under the trim and do it that way. Good luck i gave up with systems years ago cant hear them over the exhaust on the car

Just make sure you put a fuse close to the battery. If the cable shorts on the bulkhead and you dont have a fuse, you will have a fire!!

will be one less cage out there on the roads :up:

And a nice camp fire to warm yourself on when the weather is cold (like this morning).

:mrgreen:

when i used to be into installing subwoofers and amps in to my cars, if the grommet was a massive pain the ass, i just drilled through the firewall and put some sealant around it after i fed the cable through :mrgreen:

Go throgh the grommet were the loom comes through the bulkhead.

someone has replied on the UKstarlet forum, that's its under the passager carpet so going to give it another crack tomorrow.

thank you for replying

Done this to a few of my cars in the past... yes, it's usually at sort of behind the glove box. Running the wiring from the back to the front is usually a bit fiddly but always can be done.

hi

I have wired in a subwoofer with amp etc. I have one problem I can not get the red positive lead to the battery. with out drilling a hole I am having no luck any idears ? Toyota Starlet ep91

Try going through somewhere that goes through the bulkhead. Pedals, behind-dash wiring (a lot a hassle) or look for somewhere under the carpet where wiring may go through that's already there for lighting/switches etc. Drilling a hole isn't a problem as such but make sure you protect the red wire with a grommet or such because you'll have a word of problems if it chafes and eventually earths itself on the hole you drilled :-)