Broken helmet

That's good to know after taking old one back and swapping I didn't want to think it was a fault or something .. I can live with it.. I might get some earplugs or stick my earphones in and listen to some music or something and stop worrying about how my engine sounds..

I will tell you now

You won't like wearing them at first and they take some getting used to and getting them in right can be a pain

But once your used to it all you won't ride without them

I totally agree with Stu I wouldn't ride without ears plugs now .its a more pleasant ride and I think blanking out the wind and harmful noise focuses your mind to concentrate more on your riding

Thought I'd try sticking my earphones in this morning for a change. . Firstly not sure if I'm a fan..

It's uncomfortable. . I couldn't hear the bike (I know you all said it doesn't matter, I shouldn't need to, but my bikes old and not running that we'll so like to know if it's doing anything unusual)

And second is it actually safe/legal to have earphones on??

I did enjoy listening to music though rather than wind but not sure I'll do it again..

Yeah I know .. I may be from doncaster but I can read :)

I want some ear plugs.. but I thought this morning as I don't have any I would listen to music to block out wind noise.. which worked but I didn't like it..

I was just asking about using ear PHONES.. ;)

Sorry joeman that wasn't meant to sound like I was being an arse .. I've just read it back.. I was only joking.. (a lot of people think us ere doncaster folk be a bit stoopid like ;) )

Got to be honest.

I use ear phones on a regular basis. I enjoy a bit of music in my ear, just as I do when I'm in the car.

As long as they're not too loud you can still hear the engine etc.

Sorry joeman that wasn't meant to sound like I was being an arse .. I've just read it back.. I was only joking.. (a lot of people think us ere doncaster folk be a bit stoopid like ;) )

No worries - didnt sound like an arse at all.

But ear plugs will make things quieter with you still able to hear the bike. Music will drown everything out.

Personally I ride with in ear headphones that block out most sound but with music at half volume I can still hear the bike.

I ride with an ear plug in my left ear and noise cancelling in ear headphone in my right.

Works a treat, i can still hear the bike and noises around me blocks out wind and i get to listen to some [strikeout]abba[/strikeout] [strikeout]olly murs[/strikeout] Tunes :D

Cheers mate.. don't really want to go upsetting anyone on here. . I need you guys a lot more than you need me ;)

Got some cheap disposal earplugs today to try out.. was looking at some reusable ones too for 20 notes.. a bit steep but I guess it will work out in the long run ..

I love listening to music but i just don't trust my bike enough yet.. I think it's pretty knackered :(

The cheap foam ones are great. Screw them into a sausasge shape, suck them to make them wet and poke them into your ears as deep as you can, and let them expand to fill your earhole!

If you open your mouth wide they go deeper into your ears.

Helmets are not to be taken likely, we heard of an horrendous story over the weekend a rider hit a pheasant, it took his helmet clean off and made a hell of a mess of his face, he was lucky to survive by all accounts. Guy's make sure your helmet is a good fit well fastened, keep the visor clean and down.

The cheap foam ones are great. Screw them into a sausasge shape, suck them to make them wet and poke them into your ears as deep as you can, and let them expand to fill your earhole!

If you open your mouth wide they go deeper into your ears.

Anyone going to the rally. R.E cheap ear plugs.

I work in a power station ;-)

Dam it I'm not but I like the sound of cheap ear plugs ;)

That sounds bad about the poor guy who hit the pheasant :(

It sure does scare the shit out of me when I hear stories like that :(

Dam it I'm not but I like the sound of cheap ear plugs ;)

That sounds bad about the poor guy who hit the pheasant :(

It sure does scare the shit out of me when I hear stories like that :(

Your hearing priceless mate and none repairable, earplugs are a must in my opinion. Fitted properly l'm sure you will find you can concentrate much better and for longer.

don't know if it will help but I shoot clay pigeon and I use earplugs that cut out harmful frequencies but you can still hear normally pop into a gun shop you can pick em up for around 8=10 quid or alternatively amazon normally stock em

l'm sure you will find you can concentrate much better and for longer.

It's funny you should say that.. I think the ride home tonight wearing them was the best I've rode so far, everything just seemed to be right. . I felt like I'd been riding for years :)

Maybe I've been too busy worrying about the noise of the engine thinking mmm that doesn't sound right to concentrate before??

With those plugs in it was great.. no wind noise and I could hear the engine but even that sounded good (and I'm not a massive fan of the sound of my little cg125 engine to be honest)