Tonsillitis

NearOn

****Man Moan Alert****

So who's had it? I am 31 and never before have had it, well as far as I can remember. My parents always said I had them out as a young child but turns out they got me confused with my brother!

So since Tuesday I have not been able to eat anything and incredibly difficult to even manage water. Been on antibiotics since yesterday and waiting for them to kick in. The only thing keeping me going is thinking what I am going to feast on when its gone for the lack of food this week.

Also when I have heard people say "its like swallowing glass" in the past I thought yeah right cant be that bad..................IT IS!!!

Anyway I know far worse off people in the world but needed a moan.

Done

Jack Daniels is the cure! Get a bottle and drink it neat. Thats how I dealt with it last time I had it.

Why didn't I re check the thread last night?! Got a whole bottle of JD, know what I'm doing tonight now :)

I had it a few times in one year a couple of years ago. When it got to the stage that they were so large that I was struggling to swallow they whipped them out.

Then it was a case of lots of toast and hard cereals to keep the scabs off my throat while they healed. None of this bloody jelly and ice cream like the old days.

It's not nice for a couple of weeks. But I'm glad it's been done now

Yeah i hate tonsilitis, get it at least once every two years, knocks me completely out for a week then im golden.

Usually have the hot and cold sweats and generally sleep a lot. You'll be alright in a few days :thumb:

Covonia tablets helps me. Usually after 2-3 days if it's still bad go docs and get anti biotics it goes down within a day. At one point i couldn't talk it was so bad! f**king sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to have mine out after one bout of it landed me in Poole hospital for 3 days while on a roofing course in Bournemouth. it turned into quinces it closed my throat up to about 1cm gap so much so the paramedic who took one look at it drove on blues and twos at 11pm transferring me from Bournemouth royal to Poole as they have no ENT dept

and kept me waiting 7 hours in reception.So just beware it could turn to that so don't ignore it especially in adults

Gaz

you have my sympathies, I was plagued by them in childhood.

In my late 30's the quack said very unlikely to get it anymore, well i had it 2 months ago in my 40's.

Took 3 weeks to properly shift.

i use to get all the time and every time it take longer to go, last time i had it taken just over a month to go, they try to get me to have them out, told them no chance in hell. not forgot about the crap i had when they taken adenoids out when i was a kid :evil:

I had it when I was 22, then again a few years ago. Bedridden - indescribably painful. unable to lift head off the pillow! I was able to eat, but then the docs did say it was only a mild case. The headache for 3 days was like nothing i've ever experienced.

• 2 weeks later...

I get it a couple of times a year and the only think I found works is gargling strong mouth wash 3 times a day and popping cocodamol to take the edge off.

I was always lead to believe it's viral so antibiotics wouldn't help but I'm not a doctor so probably wrong lol