Puncture repair kit

Whitey1984

Im really not sure.. it might have been M&P or sport touring. I went for the big kit with the 'gun' - rather than the smaller 'pocket' kit. Ive just seen that on Amazon.. for £27.68 inc post. but you can probably buy it cheaper if you have a hunt.

the bigger kit with the 'gun' is about £10 more. and is something I only carry for touring or if Im going a fair distance and taking a bit of luggage. even if thats just a rucksack strapped to the pillion seat. mostly i just take my phone and would call rescue.

it was handy being able to fix the tyre at home. rather than have the bike transported to a tyre place. the 800 doesn't have a main stand (yet) so.. i can't just take a wheel off.

Im really not sure.. it might have been M&P or sport touring. I went for the big kit with the 'gun' - rather than the smaller 'pocket' kit. Ive just seen that on Amazon.. for £27.68 inc post. but you can probably buy it cheaper if you have a hunt.

the bigger kit with the 'gun' is about £10 more. and is something I only carry for touring or if Im going a fair distance and taking a bit of luggage. even if thats just a rucksack strapped to the pillion seat. mostly i just take my phone and would call rescue.

it was handy being able to fix the tyre at home. rather than have the bike transported to a tyre place. the 800 doesn't have a main stand (yet) so.. i can't just take a wheel off.

Cheers for that mate, I'll probably end up getting one next time i get paid anyway as its always nice to have.

If your feeling flush and they do one for your bike i can wholeheartedly recommend and Abba stand!! Easiest and safest thing i have ever used to get my wheels off the floor.

If your feeling flush and they do one for your bike i can wholeheartedly recommend and Abba stand!! Easiest and safest thing i have ever used to get my wheels off the floor.

I'm developing a something at the moment. I'm going to call it the "Bee Gee Stand". I'm aiming for it to be more universal than Abba.

I'm developing a something at the moment. I'm going to call it the "Bee Gee Stand". I'm aiming for it to be more universal than Abba.

HaHa.......... I saw what you did there lol :lol:

Just got back from the south of France on Saturday. While out there my mate picked up a puncture on the rear of his Tiger Sport. Filled it with that slime stuff and it worked fine and got him home at speeds of up to 90+mph. I also had the string plug kit but he said he wouldn't have felt safe at those speeds having reamed a hole in the tyre to fit the string in case the cords were weakened. The string/plug are fine as a get you home repair but some tyre manufacturers state that the speed rating of the tyre is no longer valid when you fit a plug/patch and he didn't want to do 900 miles at 50mph!