Wiring help

fullscreenaging

Tonight I've been attaching a stop light kit to my top box. This will give me a tail light, stop light and indicators. I've got everything routed and fixed where it should be no problem but now I'm stuck. I need to connect the kit wires to my bike. There are 3 wires on my bike and only wires for the kit +£ -

There are also to connectors to attach. How do I proceed? See all pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431633121.652081.thumb.jpg.7fe2e795636bfe1a0f91d4816e75e73f.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431633132.485753.thumb.jpg.2f3ceb2dd7e746e0947d3d5dcba2ff16.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431633163.968979.jpg.286feca663987480763de490cf59a536.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431633175.070170.thumb.jpg.30765fc49bb87562ae21846b57cbbaef.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431633185.254322.thumb.jpg.a5227ea6bff2d041efda1c45237d0b2e.jpg

so you have + & - for each indicator and and the stop light so 6 wires in total ??

I wouldnt use the scoth locks they are shite and this modifies your OE wiring!

I would look at buying the same connectors thats on your wiring loom and make a separate loom to plug in

its a bit of faffing but safer in terms of bad connections

you need the use of a multi meter to find the live on the brake side and the earth too

indicators shouldnt matter unless they are LED then you have to find the live and earth

you will need a male and female as the loom will fit between the two oe connectors

then you run your brake lights off this section leaving the stock wiring untouched

the next problem you will have is you need a special tool to crimp the connectors........I have one if you want them doing :wink:

get the bits and come for a ride and we can sort it :thumb:

thats probably more than good enough as it can take more than 10 amps

thats all I used on a recent one!

this is what you would be making but with two extra wires attached which run to your brake light

2015-05-14 21.53.30.jpg

excuse the crap drawing :lol:

this is what I would do

this way you arent butchering your wiring :)

top drawing is current set up

bottom would be the new loom

[attachment=0]wiring.png[/attachment]

So pleased I read this as I was considering butchering my loom for some more add ons, great advice, cheers. :thumb: