Anyone bought anything from FC-Moto?

Has anyone here bought anything from FC Moto? http://www.fc-moto.co.uk

They have quite a few good bits that other sites dont have but they seem to be German, although do ship to the UK and have UK prices available etc.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience as dont want to get ripped, and things not turn up etc. Only came across it because I was emailed a discount from this site: http://www.360vouchercodes.co.uk/fc-moto.co.uk which offer 5% off, not great but every little helps!

Would appreciate any thoughts?

Cheers

I have, because their prices are actually excellent compared to here.. a function I reckon of the high number of bike gear shops in germany and the amount of competition between them. I have bought mainly Rukka... for this exact reason. my goretex winter gloves at the time here in the UK cost £200. but from FC moto - £120, my goretex summer gloves - here in the UK £170 - from FC Moto - £106, similarly my trousers UK - £230 from FC Moto £160.

My jacket here in the Uk at the time I bought it cost £1,099!!! from FC moto - £780. In the end I found a 'one man band' independent seller here in the UK who was selling them for only slightly more than that so got it from him instead.

They send everything by DHL tracked.. so you can follow its progress on a daily basis. and the cost of shipping is cheap. its far cheaper for them to send a parcel here by airmail than for me to send the same size package just 20 miles.

I have had absolutely no problems buying from them.. but then, Ive not bought anything that I didn't actually try on first here in the UK. so I knew what sizes I needed. Ive not had to return anything either.. but that was a risk I was prepared to take. I think that is possibly the only downside. you buy something thats faulty. or you buy something unsure of the size you actually need and then find it doesn't fit. so beware.

edit: Ive heard over the grapevine that so many Rukka retailers here in the UK have complained about FC moto and the other german distance sellers that Rukka Finland have told them to stop selling to UK customers. Though.. Ive just looked at the site and it doesn't say anything about that. so it could be 'wishful thinking' or, more likely the shops in Germany told Rukka to take their threats elsewhere.. eu open market and all that.

It should be obvious though that we really do pay through the nose and are clearly being ripped off at every turn.

Great, thanks guys! Might give them a try then, yeah couldnt believe the shipping is so cheap, was expecting it to be much more! Quite quick too according to what they advise.

Will put an order through for a few bits and see what experience I get!

:thumb:

Wow, they really are good value... Did a comparison with Sportsbikeshop for an Alpinestars Atem Leather Jacket (just because it was something they both have).

Sportsbike shop for the jacket only - £503

FC-Moto for jacket and jeans - £497

Craziness!

A mate bought a alpine stars jacket that was too small , they were only to happy to replace with the next size up but it did cost him £30 to send it back , even with the extra £30 he saved £100 on what he would pay over here

No issues at all with them.

It is common out here to shop around the EU for best prices and most companies are excellent, relying on their On Line reputation. While the Pound is strong it is also worth looking at Polo http://www.polo-motorrad.com/en/?___from_store=en and Louis https://www.louis.eu/rubrik/motorcycle- ... -helmets/1 who often have some excellent discounts throughout the year.

• 1 month later...

Just bought a Dainese Jacket from them. Arrived in 4 days from ordering. Unfortunately the first one was too small (Darn Italian Sizes). I returned it and had a PayPal Refund within 5 days from posting it off.

The second one arrived in 4 days from ordering. It does seem to take them a couple of days to ship out.

Awesome! Went to Webbs in Peatboghorror at the weekend so my other half could get a new jacket and I tried on some Alpinestars gear while I was waiting, no way I'd pay the prices they were asking but the FC-Moto prices are very agreeable... and of course, now I know what size I take :mrgreen: Looks like I know where I'll be shopping some time soon...