considering getting a skull cap

I've got long ish hair on top, not long enough to put in a pony tail but long enough.

When I put my helmet on, I find it tends to push my hair into my face. I then spend a minute tucking my hair to one side or up back into the helmet.

So I'm considering on getting a skull cap, to keep my hair out my face when I put the helmet on. That and the added bonus of keeping pomade off of my helmet lining and it stops me having crazy helmet hair when I'm resting up/walking around.

Anyone else wear a skull cap or caps of any sort? Wondering if my head will get too sweaty in the summer.

I've got very long hair, sometimes it goes in my face and drives me nuts, sometimes it somehow gets in my mouth, and it ALWAYS turns into one big god awful knot when I ride in the wind or on motorways. I have what I can only describe as a neoprene balaclava, works wonders and pretty comfy. I don't wear it often because I look like a prat when I take my helmet off, but it does the trick if you're desperate.

I've got long hair and have to deal with the issues you are getting... I just keep tucking it before I set off, or at lights. Also, slightly opening your visor and turning your head moves it too. I'm not entirely sure a skull cap or head thing would help... I've tried putting my buff/neck tube thing over my head like a balaclava, but the hair still escaped and my ear felt weird and warm :-/

I've taken to braiding my hair before I set off so I don't get the mass of tangled hair when I stop. I could just keep it in my jacket, by that feels very odd!

I actually have short back and sides with a side parting, but have quite a bit of length on top as I'm going for a 1940's style cut :D

Picture...or your bald :D

hesitate to mention it but to some extent that problem can be avoided by 'pouring' your head, forehead first into a helmet

the only problem is that this can only be done with open face or flip type lids, i've got longish hair, combe back/pour in :)

these are good

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u391/ian_douglas1/KGrHqFrEFHOiiVcMBR0jLF8Q60_12_zpsgtzg0par.jpg

ORIGINAL SHEMAGH 100% COTTON SAND BEIGE MTP BLACK ARAB DESERT SCARF SAS ARMY

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-SHEM ... 43b0a14ee0

yeah my ears get in the way too, so this should help no end :-P

Sometimes you don't realise just a small bit of your ear is crinked over & after about half an hour you just have to pull over to sort it out. Till you try a buff out :thumb:

yeah my ears get in the way too, so this should help no end :-P

Sometimes you don't realise just a small bit of your ear is crinked over & after about half an hour you just have to pull over to sort it out. Till you try a buff out :thumb:

I use a buff all the time rain, wind or shine keeps the wind out of the helmet, also helps keep the earphones in place when putting the helmet on.

Skull caps from what I've seen from a safety point of view are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the thread, I picked up a Buff and its great, keeps the hair out the face and protects the old ears.

I tend to wear it like a bandana, so I look almost cool with it on lol